ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Code - What to choose?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t-bag

SOC Code - What to choose?

Post by t-bag » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi all - quick question for u guys : does job title on work permit have to be the same as soc code?? What if the job descriptions do not match what one actually does??

Just worried cos if i use the exact job title, my salary doesnt match :-( what would then be my options?? Im £1/h short of the minimum :-((

Basically, my question is : "Is the SOC Code chosen based on the tasks or the job title"?

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi

The simple reply to your question is that try to use the SOC code which describes your job title or which is nearest to your job title and your job description.

For example my job title is Assistant Finance Manager but there's no SOC code for Assistant Finance Managers so I use the SOC code which is for Finance Managers that best describes my job title and offcourse my job description as well.

If your salary is short of £1/hour then I would suggest you to request your employer to increase it for you just for couple of months explain all your situation and I hope and pray that your employer will agree to your request.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 pm

I definitely will share the experience!! Thanks for your prayers - Re : increase from the employer, there should not be a problem, the only issue is that I'll be applying 1st of August :-( Can i use a SOC code which matches the job description although the job title's different from the one's which on my WP?

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 am

Hi

To be honest with you mate I haven't applied for my ILR till yet so I can't say much to you with much of the surity but my current job title and job description is totally different from the one on which I got my WP I've read about the technical changes and other stuffs and fortunate enough these things dont really apply on us.

Taking your situation in to considerations and the time frame you're telling me to apply for your ILR I would highly recommend you to just use the SOC codes which matches with your job description but remember the most important thing is that your salary has to be greater than the salary mentioned in the SOC code which you're using for your self. I dont really think so that UKBA will argue with you on that subject just try to book your appointment in Solihull. Just stay confindent that's all I can say to you and tell the CW if they ask about your SOC code that the letter is being issued to you by your employer and they've used the appropriate SOC code for you so that's it then, that's off from your shoulders just stay confident that's all I can say to you, for God Sake its just ILR and the people who work at UKBA are also human beings like us brother. Brother lets face it that you were alive and happy before your ILR and you'll remains the same after getting your ILR so that's all about it that's all I can say. Just stay calm and confidence.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.