ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa! Urgent help needed! Please someone help me!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kesh117
Newly Registered

PSW visa! Urgent help needed! Please someone help me!

Post by kesh117 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:26 am

Hi there,

I applied for my PSW visa on 31st of march 2012. I got the acknowledgment letter after a little while. It's been more than 3 months now, I haven't heared from the UKBA since then. I called the UKBA to check the status on my visa process. They told me that I just have to wait as they don't have my name in their database or system or something.

The problem that I have now is that, I have to go back to my country(India) in a few weeks as I have some ungent works to be done. So i would like to get my docs back before August 3rd week. So,

My questions are,

1. If I ask them to return my docs, would that mean my application is withdrawn by me?

2. Is it possible that they can send the visa to a new address (in India), If I just ask them to return my passport alone?

3. If I don't wanna withdraw my application, how long you guys reckon it's gonna take to get my visa if I had applied for the visa on 31st of March? ( BRP hasn't done yet?

4. I heared that they have stopped the visa process until the Olympics games finishes and the process will start only in September?

I'm really worried about the situation I have right now, guys please help me, any help will be much appreciated. Thanks is advance guys!

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 pm

I know lots of people who are in the same situation as you and its a difficult one.

In responses

1 - Yes - I believe. If you ask for your documents to be returned before the application is decided, then surely you have withdrawn the application and would not be able to apply for PSW as the route is closed.

2 - I dont know. But the risk in returning your passport may be that they could say you have withdrawn your application - Senior members confirm

3 - No one can guess the answer. I know people who have been waiting since February 2012 and they have been called for the biometric. Even the fees has not be taken from their accounts....suggesting they have not started looking at their application

4 - Where did you here this? Please post a link.