ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence vs. Residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dublin3232
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence vs. Residence

Post by Dublin3232 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:43 am

Hi all

I applied for Permanent Residence with form EU3 in January 2012

I received my letter, saying I got approval

But, on closer inspection, I noticed they said, I used form EU1 ( I did 100% used form EU3 )

So, they gave me 10 year Residence Card - 5 years now, and I have to go back in 5 years again

When I asked them, what is the difference, they said, there is no difference between Permanent Residence and Residence

I just want to confirm, should I do something about it, or, just leave it?

I applied for passport 4 months ago....

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 pm

if you granted make sure you should go further about it.they have to issue you a 10 year stamp(till validily of your passport). they are breaching the eu regulations you should contact solvit about this.they cannt make immigrant fool like this.there is few website here where you can contact and lodge a complaint. www.mrci.ie www.immigrantcouncil.ie www.solvit.ie www.newcommunties.ie good luck

ali_ireland

Post by ali_ireland » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:39 am

hi guys

i also got approval 10 yrs visa with retention my own rights and they gave me 4EUFAM.