ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation to work while application is pending with HO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s_raj11

Confirmation to work while application is pending with HO

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:23 am

Hello,

Please could someone suggest me if there is any possibility that i can send an email to the HO and get a confirmation stating that i am eligible to work whilst my application is still awaiting decision.

The reason why am asking this is my wife's employer says that its only main applicant who could work while the application is pending with the HO but no dependent.

My wife's application is also with the HO but still awaiting acknowledgement.

Could someone let me know if there is any possibility to email HO the same and get the confirmation from them.

Please could some suggest at the earliest as they are rushing me for the confirmation.

Thanks in advance

Regards

s_raj11

Re: Confirmation to work while application is pending with H

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 am

s_raj11 wrote:Hello,

Please could someone suggest me if there is any possibility that i can send an email to the HO and get a confirmation stating that i am eligible to work whilst my application is still awaiting decision.

The reason why am asking this is my wife's employer says that its only main applicant who could work while the application is pending with the HO but no dependent.

My wife's application is also with the HO but still awaiting acknowledgement.

Could someone let me know if there is any possibility to email HO the same and get the confirmation from them.

Please could some suggest at the earliest as they are rushing me for the confirmation.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sorry in my previous message forgot to mention that i have applied for ILR under long residency and my wife applied for dependent (FLRM).

Also if it is possible to call or email HO could you please provide the details.

Regards

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:19 am

Hello,

Moderators, Senior members or any one who has information on the above post please respond as to how should i proceed to get the information.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:27 pm

UKBA will hardly confirm that you/wife had right to work.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm

if you were eligible to work before and you sent an in time application then your status remains until you application is decided. so if you wife was your dependant and was allowed to work then she should be fine.

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:23 pm

innocentdevil wrote:if you were eligible to work before and you sent an in time application then your status remains until you application is decided. so if you wife was your dependant and was allowed to work then she should be fine.
Yeah checked the HO website and sent the same link to her employer as well. But what they say they an email confirmation from the UKBA that she can work.

I have given them the employer help line number to contact HO regarding the same. Need to wait and see what they come up with.

Thanks to everyone for their time and responses.

Regards

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:02 pm

s_raj11 wrote: Yeah checked the HO website and sent the same link to her employer as well. But what they say they an email confirmation from the UKBA that she can work.
I don't knwo which link uyou have sent to your office. Kindly send this Link. These are Immigration Directorate Instructions.
The question is... to be or not to be....