ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/SET M Visa question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jvincennes
Newly Registered

ILR/SET M Visa question

Post by jvincennes » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 am

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help.

I'm a British citizen and my Australian wife is currently on FLR visa which is due to expire in December. I assumed that she would have to apply for the ILR/SET(M) visa (allowing her to stay for another 5 years) until I heard of visa changes which are due this month.

Now, do I understand correctly that the next visa she can apply for will only permit her to stay for another 2 years? She's already passed the Life in the UK test, by the way.

Many thanks guys!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 pm

SET(M) will grant your wife ILR which is permanent residency. The new rules won't affect her.

jvincennes
Newly Registered

Post by jvincennes » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Casa wrote:SET(M) will grant your wife ILR which is permanent residency. The new rules won't affect her.
Really? You're a star if that's correct!

Many thanks indeed!

NAZ786

ILR

Post by NAZ786 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm

My husband has been here in London since 08th September 2010 and i would like to apply for his ILR. (Pakistan)

When and what date should i apply?
What 6 documents should i send?
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...