ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - ILR Time Period Calucation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ihtisham20
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - ILR Time Period Calucation

Post by ihtisham20 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi,

Can you please answer my query regarding ILR? I am workpermit (previously) or intracompany transfer from India to UK organization

I m on Intra transfer company visa (Tier 2) since 2008... I stammped visa there times
1. March 2008 till March 2009 - I was on Work Permit
2. March 2009 till March 2010 - Tier 2 Intra-company transfer
3. March 2010 till March 2012 - Tier 2 Intra-company transfer
4. March 2012 till 2014 - Tier 2 Intra-company transfer

I was working with same company for all above period and my salary was above 40k paid to me at my home country bank account in Indian Rupee ( onsite Expenses and per-diem, home country salary included etc).

My Questions.

1. I was outside UK working for same employer in different countries and have gaps during my stay in UK.

Outside UK from: September 2009 till September 2010
November 2011 till April 2012

I was always getting salary in my home country account during that period in my Indian account. Do you think I will be eligible to apply for ILR next year?

Since my employer was same all the time and as per business needs I was working outside UK and paid at my home country account – do you think what kind of proofs will be required? ( MY UK organization does pay my tax for only for the time period I spent in UK – only for days spent in UK)

2. The eligibility requirement ILR states I shall have continuous 5 year period, do that my recent gap of 8 months in November 2011 till April 2012 makes no use of my all previous years stay?

3. Do you think in my case how long I need to further stay to become eligible for ILR?

4. Regarding gaps outside UK, is it going to be acceptable with any documentation etc?
I highly regard you advice on

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:43 pm

As you were paid in Indian not in the UK it would be difficult to apply for ILR because of the Tax reasons. I am not the best person to answer but would think that your ILR clock reset once you spent more than 90 days in your last trip.

Good Luck