ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited company dividend with out corporation tax

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

autotest
Newly Registered

Limited company dividend with out corporation tax

Post by autotest » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi,

I often took money from my business account as dividends as I needed it. So there wasn't much money left in my business account to pay corp.tax while transferring the dividends money. My wife and my self are directors of my limited company.

So if i have taken £7620, £5100, £9600 and £4000 for my self and £5080, £3400, £2400 and £1000 for my wife each month, Corp. tax on it will be around £7640. But in my business account money wasn't there for corp. tax at the time of transferring dividends to our account.

Now, I have got enough money to show my earnings for my visa and got money in business account to pay corp. tax. My due date to pay corporation tax is on Feb 2013 and my visa extension is on Sep 2012

As corp.tax money wasnt there in my business account after taking dividend, will that dividend money will be accepted by UKBA for visa extension?

Can you please clarify on this?

Thanks in advance,

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 am

Dividends are announced only after corporation tax has been calculated..so I guess there might be a problem...an acciuntant is the best person to speak to about this...

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 pm

That should not be a problem i guess. Most of the IT contractors do the same as you. As long as you pay the CO tax, there should be no problem.

Many of my friends did the same. Anyway, you dont show your BUSINESS BANK STATEMENTS to the HomeOffice.

autotest
Newly Registered

Post by autotest » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks guys,

As per my understanding we need to show all the business bank statements of the company which dividends has been transferred along with the personal bank statements.

bestprint
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Limited company dividend with out corporation tax

Post by bestprint » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi,
speak to your accountant. He / she will help you in this regard as you may show in your balance sheet that you have some money as ''CASH IN HAND''.

hope it will help.

autotest wrote:Hi,

I often took money from my business account as dividends as I needed it. So there wasn't much money left in my business account to pay corp.tax while transferring the dividends money. My wife and my self are directors of my limited company.

So if i have taken £7620, £5100, £9600 and £4000 for my self and £5080, £3400, £2400 and £1000 for my wife each month, Corp. tax on it will be around £7640. But in my business account money wasn't there for corp. tax at the time of transferring dividends to our account.

Now, I have got enough money to show my earnings for my visa and got money in business account to pay corp. tax. My due date to pay corporation tax is on Feb 2013 and my visa extension is on Sep 2012

As corp.tax money wasnt there in my business account after taking dividend, will that dividend money will be accepted by UKBA for visa extension?

Thanks in advance,