ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Page added to SET O form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanb00

New Page added to SET O form

Post by irfanb00 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 pm

I have my appointment to the HO next week for ILR. What I noticed was that they have now added an extra page on the form for adding information about Maternity/Paternity/child adoption leave during your earning period.

In my situation, we had our son last November and that is when I took paternity leave for 10 working days. I was told by Human Resources to fill in statutory Paternity form so that they could claim for my paternity leave allowance. However I was paid my normal salary and it did not appear as a separate line on my payslip. Do I need to declare this situation on the form or can I avoid disclosing it?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:51 pm

If you are unable to meet the appropriate rate of pay because you are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave
you should answer questions 5.6, 5.7 and 5.8. If this does not apply to you, please go to section 6.

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Many thanks Sir.

I still manage to earn 45 points through my 12 months payslips and bank statement. Just to confirm if it is ok to simply ignore this section and move forward please?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Based on your original post, you were not paid the Statutory Paternity Pay during those 10 days (but worth checking with your Payroll/HR). So this would not apply to you, as you should be able to count/claim that month as a normal month.

If you meet the If you are unable to meet the appropriate rate of pay condition, then this would apply to you, IMO.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm

if you meet points of salary threshold then regardless of being paid maternity / paternity you are fine.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:39 am

irfanb00 wrote:Many thanks Sir.

I still manage to earn 45 points through my 12 months payslips and bank statement. Just to confirm if it is ok to simply ignore this section and move forward please?
Hi

I totally agree with innocentdevil that if you think that you're scoring enough points for your salary then you can skip this page.

Hope this will answer your question and gives you a bit more of assurity.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks everyone for a prompt reply. Will share my experience with the forum.