ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Detailed PEO Experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Andrey Simonov
Newly Registered

Detailed PEO Experiences

Post by Andrey Simonov » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Dear friends,

I urge everyone to post the detailed PEO experiences in this thread - for ease of searching.

Success, 11 July 2012, Croydon, 1st Tier 1 extension
Old visa expiration date: 3 Aug 2012. New visa starts from this date (3 years).

Commute
Croydon PEO is situated very conveniently to the West Croydon overground station. Make sure you enter only the postcode into google maps, as the address returns the wrong building.

Entrance
Our appointment was at 10:35, we have arrived at the Lunar House at 9:40. We were let through by security to the lobby, and joined the queue there.

Security check
In 20 minutes, we had airport-style security check. Make sure you do not even have small metal items on you. My cufflinks have set the alarm off!

Ground floor, application validity assessment
Happened exactly 30 minutes before the appointment time, 10:05.
After the security check, you join a second queue for the initial application assessment. The security checks your appointment printout before this stage (although you can be “returning”). When you are called, officer asks for your appointment printout, passport, and the application form. They will check that you are allowed to apply, and will stamp the payment page of the application. She did not ask for my wife’s form, and did not stamp it.
They also ask if you are self-employed or not. I am employed - she advised that I needed payslips and bank statements, and marriage certificate to proceed. Obviously you do not need marriage certificate if you already have for your first visa with this dependant.
Here you are given your queue number, which will be your one and only number throughout the application process (I had 89).

First floor, payment
You are asked for the payment page and payment band page. The payment page should be stamped. My wife’s payment page was not stamped, so I had to return to the ground floor. A security lady kindly took the form, and asked the officer I talked to to stamp it. I came back, and paid £2700. Received two stamp UKBA receipts, and the VISA receipt.

First floor, see an officer before submitting biometrics
Enormous room with red chairs. Here you wait until your number is called. Submit the payment receipts, applications and photos (if you have not attached it to the form). Nothing is decided here, this is to start your application process and to send you to bio.

First floor, biometrics
Biometrics are taken in windows 1-5. You are called with the same number. They ask you, if your fingerprints were taken before, you will write the answer on a one-page form, and sign it. Then they take your fingerprints (4 fingers) and a photo.

Submitting the documents
Croydon had an IT issue today - system slowness - so the delays were approx 3.5 hours. We have done biometrics at approx 10:45 AM.
Then we waited for 4 hours. They have announced that systems were slow twice. There is a help window (22), and you can ask how your number is doing (has the biometrics come through or not).
We were asked to continue waiting of the 2nd floor - same huge room as the 1st floor, but with blue chairs.

We were asked to the window to submit the documents at 14:45.

The friendly lady officer asked for:
- Application forms
- Payslips
- Bank statements for salary
- Police registration certificate (not required for everyone)

Had gladly accepted:
- Photocopies of all the above
- Letter from employer
- Maintenance statement and bank letter, and copies of these (she should've asked for it)

Did not need
- Anything else, including the pdf points-based calculator printout

Results
Results were back in record-breaking 30 minutes! It was kind of a shock after the 4 hour wait. We were called, and have received two letters with approval, and all originals back, except for the forms and letter from employer which was addressed to UKBA anyway. We were really happy!

Concerns I had regarding my application
1. Late police registration - I was around 5 weeks late with it. Queues to the overseas registration office in September are enormous, and the police station is closed at 12 AM instead of 4 PM. During registration I was issued a police warning for the late show up. However, it was not stamped on the certificate. The case worked did not mention this at all.

2. Using an HSBC Fixed Rate Saver Bond as proof of maintenance. No questions were asked about this. However, I have produced a great letter from the City of London HSBC branch, which specifically stated that the funds can be redeemed at any time and without notice, also had account number and the amount of money there.

As UKBA motto is to apply the immigration law consistently, I don’t think you need any special letters for the fixed rate bond-like accounts, as long as it is instantly liquidable (cancellable).

I cannot emphasize enough how relieved I am that the two above points were not important!

Advice
- Croydon is too busy, consider other locations
- The earlier the appointment, the better
- Arrive earlier than 30 minutes before and go straight in
- Check that all the payment sheets from the application form are stamped on the ground floor
- Mark the salary transactions in the bank statements, so the case worker would not have to search for it. I have made a rather large yellow mark on blank space next to each salary payment in the original statements, and highlighted the payments fully on the photocopied statements. This is written in the form intro.
- Prepare well. Verify your application against the guidances, and check that all numbers match, and you have all the documents
- Use the latest applications forms
- Dressing up will not harm; however during the long wait this it not too comfortable. I noticed that I have made an instant good impression on the case worker
- Be cool and positive

Good luck!

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:48 am

Thank you for such a detailed write up. Though I don't have direct benefit from this information(I already applied by post), really appreciate your efforts. Well done.

aragon

Post by aragon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:02 am

Congrats mate....

I see you didn't include your initial Tier 1 General approval letter. Isn't that necessary? Did they not asked for that document.

Andrey Simonov
Newly Registered

Post by Andrey Simonov » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 am

aragon wrote:I see you didn't include your initial Tier 1 General approval letter. Isn't that necessary? Did they not asked for that document.
No, they did not mention it at all.

Ashokbrt

Re: Detailed PEO Experiences

Post by Ashokbrt » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

I wish we'd have similar success stories to share with others. It spreads good and positive thinking. Thanks for such a well organised write up.

Good luck to your newly acquired extension, and best wishes for the yet another milestone, ILR down the route, a mission should you chose to accept!!