ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fantastic Experience (Solihull PEO) on 11/07/12

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Devil81
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fantastic Experience (Solihull PEO) on 11/07/12

Post by Devil81 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi Guys,

My appointment was at 10.00AM. Reached PEO @ 09.15AM.
I went inside & reception guy asked me my passport & visa application form to check correct version (04/12) of application form.
After normal security check, they gave me a token number (to be retained by us until we get the approval letter & our documents back)

After 10mins at 9.30am, they called my token number & told me to proceed to counter No:5.

CW lady asked me to handover my passport, application form & photos. She went through my application form & did some checks on her system with my passport. Then she asked me whether I am employed / self employed. I said im employed since I am working as a contractor (PAYE through an Umbrella company) she was convinced. Asked me my earnings details. I handed over the following documents
Payslips
Bank statements
Letter from Employer
Payment summary sheets

Verified all the documents in 15 mins. In between she asked me about my job profile & what I actually do.

Then I was asked to handover PBS summary sheet & for maintenance funds my same bank statements were used which were already verified by her for earnings.
CW lady asked photocopies of all of the above docs for their records. Fortunately I carried two sets.
Everything was done by 10.20 am & those golden words uttered “Your visa is approved & you may go to counter no. 6 for payment”.

Payment was done with no holds-up & went fine. It was done by Barclays debit card.
Phoned Barclays customer care a day before but they said they normally don’t hold payments if it's done by a debit card.

After payment I was told to wait for Biometrics. 10 mins wait & was called for Biometrics. The guy told the system is slow & it may take some time so please bear with us.
Fortunately it went fine without any hiccups. Biometrics captured & everything was done by 10.45am & was told to turn up 12.30 pm to collect my original documents & approval letter.

Finally I went @ 12.15am showed my token at the reception & the guy handed over my original documents & visa approval letter.

I checked all my documents & the letter. However the letter doesn’t say anything about my
Visa issue & expiry date. Out of curiosity I checked with reception guy he said it will be mentioned on your BRP & showed me the sample BRP.

Overall amazing experience and I would give 9/10 to Solihull PEO for their friendly & professional nature. Staff is polite & helpful. Im not sure about other PEO’s but whatever info/exp. I gathered from Imm. Boards I can conclude that Solihull is better off than Croydon, Sheffield & Cardiff. Advise would be try to book app. @ Solihull, Birmingham.

Visa expiry date : 16-08-2012
New Visa start date : Not known
New visa expiry date : Not known

For any queries just give me a shout !!!!

Thanks for reading patiently.

aragon

Post by aragon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:04 am

Congrats mate....

Did you submitted your initial Tier 1 approval letter? Is that document necesary?

Devil81
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Devil81 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:43 am

I did not get any approval letter during my initial application. It was just the vignette on my current passport.

Devil81
Mood:
United Kingdom

BRP Details

Post by Devil81 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Please find the BRP details

Date of application/Visa issue : 11-07-2012
BRP received : 13-07-2012
Old Visa expiry date : 16-08-2012
New Visa Expiry date : 16-08-2015

Would like to thank all senior members for their help & support.

Cheers