ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got PIO but passport not cancelled

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deeimmi
Newly Registered

Got PIO but passport not cancelled

Post by deeimmi » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:38 am

When I applied for my PIO card, I got my Indian passport returned with just the corner cut at the top. There was not stamp in it saying 'Cancelled due to ...".
This was in 2006.

Is it considered cancelled or should I pay the $250 fine and get the stamp ? I don't want to pay the fees for no fault of mine.

Punjab
BANNED

Re: Got PIO but passport not cancelled

Post by Punjab » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 pm

deeimmi wrote:When I applied for my PIO card, I got my Indian passport returned with just the corner cut at the top. There was not stamp in it saying 'Cancelled due to ...".
This was in 2006.

Is it considered cancelled or should I pay the $250 fine and get the stamp ? I don't want to pay the fees for no fault of mine.
if you have doubts you can send your passport back to indian high comission with the proof of the recipts you paid for surrendring your passport.

i belive they put cancelled on it after you surrender your passport.

deeimmi
Newly Registered

Post by deeimmi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:20 am

Punjab wrote: if you have doubts you can send your passport back to indian high comission with the proof of the recipts you paid for surrendring your passport.

i belive they put cancelled on it after you surrender your passport.
The problem is that I dont have receipt any more. This was so many years ago. I only have the passport cut by them in a corner (no stamp inside) and my PIO card.
Any ideas ? I called travisa and they did not know what to do in such a case.

ssachida
Newly Registered

Post by ssachida » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Back in 2005 when I renewed by Indian Passport, the consulate returned the old passport to me with the corners clipped and no stamp inside either. I haven't had any issue when using the expired passport for old visas etc.

Not sure its the same, but the old passport is invalid too... so, you're probably okay.

deeimmi
Newly Registered

Post by deeimmi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 am

ssachida wrote:Back in 2005 when I renewed by Indian Passport, the consulate returned the old passport to me with the corners clipped and no stamp inside either. I haven't had any issue when using the expired passport for old visas etc.

Not sure its the same, but the old passport is invalid too... so, you're probably okay.
Thanks for sharing your experience in a similar situation. That really helps.

TroxeloblL
Newly Registered

Post by TroxeloblL » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 am

well i think for renewing your passport card you have to be paid. as they ask to pay.
Reading Locksmith

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:24 am

deeimmi wrote:When I applied for my PIO card, I got my Indian passport returned with just the corner cut at the top. There was not stamp in it saying 'Cancelled due to ...".
This was in 2006.

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:54 pm

This was in 2006.

Hello mate,

Could please help me on the below topic, I think as u know, u got ur PIO card. I need some advice on the PIO please, if u can.

Basically, I got ILR n holding indian passport( expired and the new) and my wife is on FLRM. my child got British passport, n no other passports holding earlier.

We want to travel to india next month.
Can u please tell me that is my child eligible to get PIO card? if yes, what shall I produce to apply?

on the website its not clear that, I need to surrender passport etc etc, but this PIO card is for my child. In that case what shall I surrender. My child only got British passport, no other passports holding yet.

N what are the documents to apply inorder to get PIO? and How long it takes to get?

we are planning to go to india sometime in july 2nd week to end of the month.
I m bit confused with the process and its not clear on the website.

As u got PIO, could u please tell me the process from end to end.

I would really appreciate for ur help n advice.

Many Thanks