ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much time for immigration applied from the US

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sitmood
Newly Registered

How much time for immigration applied from the US

Post by sitmood » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:48 pm

We are also considering applying for immigration under the skilled worker category. My husband is in the US currently completing his phD.
Any idea about which office to choose for correspondence and how much time it generally takes for the process to complete?
As it is, seems like my PR will expire and I wont be able to complete my 2 year stay within the time frame.

thankyou all

gypsyinabigtown
Newly Registered

Post by gypsyinabigtown » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:18 am

Hi sitmood

According to processing times posted by the CIC themselves at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department ... .html#west

your application from Buffalo is likely to take 19 to 39 months. I would suspect it would take closer to the shorter timeframe (~1-1.5 years) if it's a straightforward application, possibly with an Arranged Employment.

In terms of choosing the office, there is not much freedom. You are only allowed to apply from an office in
* the country of your origin
* the country of your residence.

best of luck.