ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test needed for Naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brian76
Newly Registered

Life in the UK Test needed for Naturalization?

Post by brian76 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi,
I received my ILR last year (August 2011). Before my ILR. I was under HSMP (HSMP approved between 03 April 2006, and 7 November 2006) and then switched to Tier 1 before my ILR had been approved.
Because of my HSMP JR, I was not required to have Life in the UK test.
I am now eligible to apply for Naturalization in August 2012. I wanted to check if i need to do the Life in the UK test before applying for Naturalization.

My Wife will only complete 4.5 years in August 2012. I know she needs to stay for 6 years to apply for naturalization or she can apply once i have naturalization (hope i am correct in this). so my query is
Can she apply for naturalization soon after my naturalization is approved or does she need to wait until i get my naturalization certificate?

My Wife also did not have to do the life in the UK test. Does she also need to do the Life in the UK test when she applies for Naturalization?

Your prompt response is appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:11 pm

LIUK test is required for naturalisation. If you didn't need to pass it for settlement, you will need to pass it for naturalisation.

As for your wife's eligibility, see Q1 & Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

olawest

Post by olawest » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 am

Jambo wrote:LIUK test is required for naturalisation. If you didn't need to pass it for settlement, you will need to pass it for naturalisation.

As for your wife's eligibility, see Q1 & Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.
Seconded!

I did not do Life in the UK test for ILR due to HSMP JR, but I did it for naturalization.