ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbee2012
Newly Registered

UK experience

Post by newbee2012 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi i have question regarding claiming points under UK experience. When I applied my initial application i was not awarded Uk experience points as my degree was from outside UK and earning were outside UK. I fall under the following category:

"Applications for leave to remain where
the applicant has, or was last granted,
leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a
Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed
Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant
under the rules in place before 6 April
2010"

Since i now have UK earnings can I claim points under this section, I have gone through Policy guidance and I was bit confused and I didnt quite catch whether I qualified or not qualified to claim points for Uk experience. Please help, thanks.

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: UK experience

Post by longshift » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:44 pm

newbee2012 wrote:Hi i have question regarding claiming points under UK experience. When I applied my initial application i was not awarded Uk experience points as my degree was from outside UK and earning were outside UK. I fall under the following category:

"Applications for leave to remain where
the applicant has, or was last granted,
leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a
Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed
Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant
under the rules in place before 6 April
2010"

Since i now have UK earnings can I claim points under this section, I have gone through Policy guidance and I was bit confused and I didnt quite catch whether I qualified or not qualified to claim points for Uk experience. Please help, thanks.
Hiya mate,

You can claim points for UK experience as you got UK earnings.

It clearly states on this page.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 pm

newbee2012 wrote:Hi i have question regarding claiming points under UK experience. When I applied my initial application i was not awarded Uk experience points as my degree was from outside UK and earning were outside UK.
first off, UK experience points dont depend on the degree, you will get UK exp points if you have earned at least £16000 in UK
Manka

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Manka10 wrote:
newbee2012 wrote:Hi i have question regarding claiming points under UK experience. When I applied my initial application i was not awarded Uk experience points as my degree was from outside UK and earning were outside UK.
first off, UK experience points dont depend on the degree, you will get UK exp points if you have earned at least £16000 in UK
I think the OP was referring to his/her initial Tier 1 application. UK Experience Points were awarded for either "UK Earnings" or "UK Study" for Tier 1 General Applications made in 2009 (I believe the rules changed when the Tier 1 General scheme was withdrawn for overseas applicants). So that would explain the reason for the reference made above. Now points for UK experience can only be claimed with "UK Earnings" in the Tier 1 General Application form.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:41 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Manka10 wrote:
I think the OP was referring to his/her initial Tier 1 application. UK Experience Points were awarded for either "UK Earnings" or "UK Study" for Tier 1 General Applications made in 2009 (I believe the rules changed when the Tier 1 General scheme was withdrawn for overseas applicants). So that would explain the reason for the reference made above. Now points for UK experience can only be claimed with "UK Earnings" in the Tier 1 General Application form.
thats not true, UK experience points never depended on degree even for initial T1 application under old rules, degree was required only to get points for qualification
Manka

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 am

Manka10 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
Manka10 wrote:
thats not true, UK experience points never depended on degree even for initial T1 application under old rules, degree was required only to get points for qualification
It was an available option when I first applied for T1 G in March 2009. I know the option was no longer available in the form when I applied for my extension in February 2012. While I don't know precisely when the form & rules changed, my guess was that it was when this visa category was withdrawn. I recall the above options because I had both a UK degree & UK earnings at the time & was debating over which option to choose.

newbee2012
Newly Registered

Post by newbee2012 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks for you replies. I was just worried I cant claim points for UK experience. Since I now work in UK and my previous earning were in UK, I can now claim points.

WRS

Post by WRS » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:50 pm

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:38 pm