ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 / EEA4 Applications & Documents RETURNED!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anp
United Kingdom

EEA3 / EEA4 Applications & Documents RETURNED!!

Post by anp » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:14 am

Hi guys,

I need some advice.

We submitted EEA3 & EEA4 on 22 June 2012. Today, on 13 July 2012, our applications and documents were returned back to us. HO claims that we need proof for periods of employment for my wife (EEA3), such as letter from employer, and payslips.

The unbelieveable thing about this is that we had already included a letter from her employer stating that she is employed there from February 2006 up to now, alongside Worker Registration Certificate, and a multitude of payslips.

We did re-send the same applications with a cover letter stating the requested documents had been already included and that this was a mistake from HO part. I stapled them to the cover letter.

Why is this happening? Why didn't they check the documents properly? Will that mean that we are back at square one and have lost 3 weeks of time? Why didn't they just call or write to us about it instead?

We feel this is somewhat unprofessional. Is there anything else we could do about it?

Thank you in advance.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 pm

anyone please?

walidukdz

Post by walidukdz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 am

Sorry to hear that I wish I could help but apparently it seems it is becoming common lately ,my friend applied and they sent his document back after a month requesting more paper where before they used to send a letter with request of paper that they need.
it definitely worth investigating.
good luck with that.

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 am

anp wrote:anyone please?
Why dont u send a complaint to their email and ask for priority treatment of ur application since they r messing around? Make sure u complain all the time cuz they r complete mess!!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA3 / EEA4 Applications & Documents RETURNED!!

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 am

anp wrote:We feel this is somewhat unprofessional. Is there anything else we could do about it?
Yes, complain. The following is printed on the EEA3 form.
COMPLAINTS ABOUT OUR SERVICE
If you wish to make a complaint about our service, please refer to the complaints page on our website for detailed information about how to do so.
If you are unable to access the website or if you need further advice after reading the information on the complaints page, please telephone our contact centre on 0845 010 5200.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Surprise surprise!!

Royal Mail has no record of my package. I re-sent it on Friday, 13 July 2012, and except that it was "ACCEPTED AT POL" at 14:37, there is no other update. I called customer service and asked for more info, but they know just as much as I do. I am frustrated and stressed by all this mess. I paid the premium price for it (signed for, next day delivery, and traceable), and in return they got no idea where our parcel containing our passports and our irreplaceable documents is. I am boiling inside with anger and stress caused by their incompetence.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile. Do you know to which post address or e-mail address should I write to?

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:48 pm

This is getting more and more ridiculous. As you know, I re-sent our applications last week for next day, guaranteed delivery. The bar code shows that it was accepted at Post office, but there is no further information. I spoke to Royal Mail, and they told me that they got no idea where my package is and they are investigating the situation.

Anyway, I called HO yesterday and I asked if they could tell me whether they have received our applications and documents. The lady I spoke to took our names and birth dates and confirmed that the applications and documents have been "logged in" the system on 18 July 2012, which means that they did receive the package that we thought it was lost. But it doesn't end here...

Today, I called Royal Mail to inquire about the package again. They again told me that they haven't been able to track our package and they still don't know where it is. Called HO again today to double check whether they do really have our applications and documents, but I was told that they cannot provide me with such information and that it is up to me to find out through Royal Mail.

Now, we are very confused. Does HO have our package? What are we to do? No one seems to want to give us straight simple answers, and that has left us even more worried.

Advise please.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:01 am

anp, I will advice you to calm down, relax and take things easy. I know you are worried about the whereabout of your parcel, the HO has already confirmed your application has been logged in on the 18/07/2012, I believe HO will not have told you they have your application when they don't, so stop calling post office and direct your attention to HO where they have confirmed they have your application and it has been logged into their system. Stop looking for unlost item.
if I were you, I will stop calling Ho to check if they have received your application, I think the question you should be asking the HO is, what is the progress of your application?

Maybe, if you are just patient, this will work out better, and dont forget to also pray that your application should be successful this time around.
With God everything is possible.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Thank you presido007. I am just confused by the conflicting information I have been receiving. You are right though, all I can do now is pray.
Be good.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:45 pm

After 53 minutes of waiting on the line to talk to HO, I finally got through. Handed in some details name and DOB, and asked for my COA, and wanted to double-check AGAIN, whether they surely have our Applications & Documents.

As it stands, our files are waiting to be allocated by a Caseworker.
Be good.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 pm

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Thank you EUsmileWEallsmile. I have just e-mailed them. Hopefully, it will help to get things moving.

From previous experiences, do you know how long do they normally take to reply and whether they take any action upon it?
Be good.