ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

continuous period calculation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashifayub
Newly Registered

continuous period calculation

Post by kashifayub » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:05 pm

I am on work permit here and working in NHS. My visa is expiring on 31st August 2012.

I am going to apply for Indefinite leave. I have two questions regarding this.

My visa was stamped on 31st august 2007. I was entered in UK on 26th September 2007 . that is 26 days after visa is stamped. Now if I calculate from entry date I was eligible on 28th August as it will be 4 year 11 months and 2 days on 27th of august (I have read we can apply before 28 days).

1. I want to know can I count my 5 years period from visa stamped date. I have come to know from many ppl if you enter atleast 28 days after visa stamped. You can count from the day when visa is stamped.

2. I have two year old child who is born in UK. His visa is also expiring on 31st of august 2012. Should I apply for his indefinite visa or I have read on ukba website that if parent status is changed to settlement, child born in UK will automatically be eligible for citizenship.

So if me and my wife got indefinite visa in 28th august can we apply for his citizenship. and he will legal here until he got British passport

Thanx for all your help. I really appreciate that.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Read the information posted under the following sticky to begin with (Q5 will help answer your first question):

FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 2/HSMP/Tier 1 - Read before posting
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

Read the information posted under the following sticky for your second question - Section for Children - Q1 & Q3 will help.

Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747