ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) Document Check 5 Year Work Permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruvkataria
Newly Registered

Set (O) Document Check 5 Year Work Permit

Post by dhruvkataria » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 am

Hi,

I have an appointment with PEO Solihull tomorrow morning for ILR for myself , wife and elder daughter and was wondering if someone could check the documents .
Currently I am taking along with me ..This is a 5 year work permit case, same company through out.

Main Applicant

1. Application Form
2. Passports X 3
3. Snaps X 3
4. Original Work Permit letter 2007
5. Letter from Employer - Mentioning SOC , WorkPermit Details, Employment History and Salary
6. P60s ( 2007 to 2011 in original , Current - is a print out from the company HR website )
7. Salary Slips ( 12 months , all soft copy print outs showing name of company and details )
8. Letter from Employer on explanation of travel ( 137 Days Official business travel outside UK )
9. Bank Statements ( 1 year in original until Jun 6 and Jun 6 to July current from Internet showing name and address of account holders )
10. Mortgage Statement
11.Council tax Bill

Wife

1. Driving Licence
2. Council tax
3. Pay Slips - Jan Onwards
4. P60 - Last year
5. CRB Clearance - Current

Daughter

1. Birth Certificate

Photocopies for all documents

Question now -

1. I do not have a hard copy of the salary slips as the company does not issue. My Company letter mentions my salary and the bank statements should show the credit . Is this an issue ?

2. Last year P60 is a company website print out . They do not issue hard copies any more .. same argument as above . I logically don't see an issue but not sure what is the experience of people in forum ?

3. Statement - Jun '12 to current is a Lloyds web print out , it shows the address and names of the account holders. Will this be an issue. I will try to get a copy from the branch tomorrow morning

4. In 2011 I was issued a speeding fine ( 35 mph in 30 zone ) , I accepted the fine and opted for a class of 6 hours instead of points on the licence. Should I declare that ?

Any help over the weekend will be appreciated .

Thanks
MultiQuote
Edit
Blog This

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 am

Ask your company to duly stamp and sign payslips and P60s.

Same for the bank printout, but banks normally don't do this. Ask them to print for you the statement on bank headed paper.

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 am

also you need police registration certificate for yrself, yr wife and daughter if you were required to have it.

dhruvkataria
Newly Registered

Post by dhruvkataria » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Got my ILR today on Set ( O ) Work Permit .. well wouldn't say I was over confident about it but yes as all documents were in place I did feel comfortable with what I was submitting .

Only place where there was confusion was

1. Co Hab Documents - If you are submitting Bank statements for your wife a co hab docs it cant be used for other applicant .

Rest I guess it was okay , had every thing that was asked and 1 document which really helped was a letter from my manager justifying my business travel outside the UK which amounted to 180 days in 5 years .

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Dhruv

tvj

Post by tvj » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi Dhruv,

Congrats. Can you please tell me what was the total days of absence

Regards

Jay

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Set (O) Document Check 5 Year Work Permit

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

dhruvkataria wrote:Letter from Employer on explanation of travel ( 137 Days Official business travel outside UK

hani123
Newly Registered

Post by hani123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Can you please explain the cohab bit in more detail

dhruvkataria
Newly Registered

Post by dhruvkataria » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:33 pm

hani123 wrote:Can you please explain the cohab bit in more detail
My understanding is what they are looking here is a check that your spouse and you are living together . In my case as we had just come to UK and had a small child at home my wife did not work for the initial 3 years hence there was no proof of her being on the same address other than bank statment .

In year 4 and 5 - she had picked up a job so had her p60 and slary slips so it was okay .

The confusion started when she asked me for my Co Hab documents - and my instant reply was

1. The statement
2. P60s
3. Council Bill

and the CW said cant use the statement as it was used for her hence.. I have the mortgage letter from Halifax.

So a word of caution - you cant have the same document as co hab proof for both applicants .. if I understood that correctly .

dhruvkataria
Newly Registered

Post by dhruvkataria » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Also if I may add - the Key decision makers are - from the look of it

1. Letter from Company with SOC code and details.. She actually said that's the best company letter she had seen . Not sure if I believe that .
2. Salary Slips / Bank Statement
3. Co Hab Documents

Hope it helps all.

hani123
Newly Registered

Post by hani123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks for explaining it. I am applying next month, so thought to get this clarified. I will be submitting:

Myself:
Sep-2010 to Aug-2011 : Bank1 statement (Joint Account) /British Gas Bill
Sep-2011 to Aug-2012 : Bank1 statement (Joint Account) /Council Tax bill

Dependant:
Sep-2010 to Aug-2011 : Bank2 statement (On her name) /Water bill
Sep-2011 to Aug-2012 : Bank2 statement (On her name) /Energy Bill.

Will this suffice?

dhruvkataria
Newly Registered

Post by dhruvkataria » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 pm

hani123 wrote:Thanks for explaining it. I am applying next month, so thought to get this clarified. I will be submitting:

Myself:
Sep-2010 to Aug-2011 : Bank1 statement (Joint Account) /British Gas Bill
Sep-2011 to Aug-2012 : Bank1 statement (Joint Account) /Council Tax bill

Dependant:
Sep-2010 to Aug-2011 : Bank2 statement (On her name) /Water bill
Sep-2011 to Aug-2012 : Bank2 statement (On her name) /Energy Bill.

Will this suffice?
She asked me for three years.. You might want to cover 1 more year to be safer .

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:02 am

Hi dhruvkataria

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Which PEO have you used ?

How many months of Payslips and Bank Statements have you submitted ?

Did the CW asked you about your P60's or HMRC employment history ?

Also will you please kindly pm me the matter of your employer letter as you've mentioned in your post that the CW was quite impressed from the letter from your employer that would be a great help for me.

Please also do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

dhruvkataria
Newly Registered

Post by dhruvkataria » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:24 am

Smam wrote:Hi dhruvkataria

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Which PEO have you used ?

How many months of Payslips and Bank Statements have you submitted ?

Did the CW asked you about your P60's or HMRC employment history ?

Also will you please kindly pm me the matter of your employer letter as you've mentioned in your post that the CW was quite impressed from the letter from your employer that would be a great help for me.

Please also do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.
1. Solihull
2. I took 1 year Pay Slips ( eprints ) and 1 Year Bank statment ( Uptill June in original and June July in Lloyds print out ) they were okay with it .
3. No she dint ask for P60 or employment History , I submitted them as part of Co Hab documents.
4. have used the below from my company ..

Private & Confidential
UK BORDER AGENCY
21 June 2012
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Certificate of Sponsorship Number: NA - Employee holds work permit issued pre Nov
2008 -

WP# XXXX / Worker Ref # XXXXX
Date of Issue:XXXXXXXXXX
Period Covered: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is to confirm that Mr XXXXXXXX is currently employed by XXXXXXXXXXXX and is
at present working in the position of XXXXXXXX. XXXXXXXXX commenced
employment with us on 20.08.2007 on a work permit, as detailed above, and currently
earns a salary of £51,276.00 per annum.

The current job title of XXXXXXXXXXXXX relates to the UK Border Agency published
Code of Practice under 2131 - IT Strategy & Planning Professionals with a related job
title of XXXXXXXXXX. We can confirm that the annual salary stated meets the minimum
salary requirement for this role.

We further confirm that XXXXXXXXXXXX employment is on the basis of a permanent contract.
Therefore we foresee his employment with XXXXXXX continuing in the future.

XXXXXXXX does not have any unpaid absences since commencing employment at xxx.
In accordance with our normal practice, this confirmation is given without acceptance of
any liability on the part of XXXX or myself.

Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to
contact us at the number/ email address provided below.

Yours sincerely,