ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 is about to expire for me , but never entered UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dude_123

Tier 1 is about to expire for me , but never entered UK

Post by dude_123 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:59 pm

My tier 1 general visa is about to expire in next 6-7 months, but have never entered uk till this time from india. My questing is that, what is the probability for me to pass though the immigration checks with and without any prior job. I know it would be difficult however there is nothing impossible, so i would like to get an expert advice. If yes, then how soon i should fly , with what all kind of documents and preparation? Once entered, how should i plan for visa extension in short period.

Alternately, I am thinking to explore an option of Tier 2 general visa as a fresh applicant.

Thanks,
kumar

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Your entry to the legal is genuinely legal. But there will be some questions by the immigration officer at the airport.
Also you can apply for Tier 1 extension using your overseas earnings.

kpr

Post by kpr » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:57 pm

You may face the questions in the UK airport. But you may be able to clear them

Your earnings are main concern now. If you meet the earnings criteria, you can easily satisfy the other attributes.

Note: Your India income is directly converted into pound sterling. There is no band concept based on the country for the extension. Refer to point 105 in the tier1 guidance doc.

You have to assess yourself
what is your India income in the sterling pound, are you meeting the criteria, if not what is the balance. Did you have job offer in hand? what is the possibility of earning that balance in the UK?

In case if you don't meet tier 1 criteria, are you have sponsorship for Tier2.

If you assess yourself all these possibilities, then you are fine.

dude_123

Post by dude_123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:11 am

thanks for prompt response...

Has anybody in your contacts or knowledge attempted or answered such question on first late visit? It would be difficult thought, would like to know how to justify my entry. Or what all questions I would be asked by officers on checks.

I don’t have any sponsorship but i am hoping that my current employer may send me in two months for some period probably so i want to utilize an opportunity.

Should I wait for my employer to send me? or do I take bold decision to get onto board , however I also will have to answer all questions by immigration checks. if they don’t allow me , then it will be rejection on my passport and may cause trouble for future visa applications.

I am not relying on the Indian salary anyway because it’s too less, therefore whatever i would need to show on time of extension, it must be from UK. In ruff calculation, UKBK calculator suggests me to earn approx. 25,000 Pounds in remaining period, which is five months in my case.

are you saying i can apply for visa extesion in india eventhough i wont travel to uk? but i checked boarder site and calculator , and when i select outside UK then it does not proceed with next step!!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:07 pm

dude_123 wrote:thanks for prompt response...

Has anybody in your contacts or knowledge attempted or answered such question on first late visit? It would be difficult thought, would like to know how to justify my entry. Or what all questions I would be asked by officers on checks.

I don’t have any sponsorship but i am hoping that my current employer may send me in two months for some period probably so i want to utilize an opportunity.

Should I wait for my employer to send me? or do I take bold decision to get onto board , however I also will have to answer all questions by immigration checks. if they don’t allow me , then it will be rejection on my passport and may cause trouble for future visa applications.

I am not relying on the Indian salary anyway because it’s too less, therefore whatever i would need to show on time of extension, it must be from UK. In ruff calculation, UKBK calculator suggests me to earn approx. 25,000 Pounds in remaining period, which is five months in my case.

are you saying i can apply for visa extesion in india eventhough i wont travel to uk? but i checked boarder site and calculator , and when i select outside UK then it does not proceed with next step!!
IMHO entry into the UK on your current visa which is valid for another 6/7 months will not be much of a problem. UKBA Staff at the Immigration control will ask the usual questions, but as this will be your first entry on this visa and you are entering towards the end of the visa validity they will probably ask you the reason as to why & what you intend to do. This should be easy enough to answer if you have a plan in mind (and you should do). If you search this forum, you will see that there are those who have entered late, entered and left after a short time due to personal/family circumstances in their home country & then re-entered late. Only you can tell what your circumstances & reasons were.

The key problem I see, will be your previous earnings to qualify for your extension. I.e. how confident are you that you can find a job with the required pay after arrival or before arrival? Note that you cannot apply for a T1 General extension outside of the UK.

If you have doubts on whether or not you can score the required PBS points then getting an employer sponsored Tier 2 visa will be the better option.

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I entered 1.5 years late on my visa, no questions were asked at immigration.
possible justication for you could its due to personal and family issues that I had to stay. other reasons may include, Child birth, marriage, bought new house, new job etc.

kpr

Post by kpr » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:32 pm

1) You should be in the UK to extend your Tier 1 visa
2) Kind of questions going to be asked by Immigration office in the UK specific to the case. As mentioned in the previous message you will be questioned around what is the guarantee that you will get the job in such a less time, if not what will you do, etc... questions will be recurred based on your answers.

3) You have to really think on your earnings. Getting job in 6 Months and Earning £25K (£5K per Month) is not that easy unless miracle happens *IMO*.
Check with your close friends about finding job and salary ranges in the UK.
4) If the things go wrong with Tier1 visa, what is your back up plan. Switching to Tier 2 is not one day task. There is a paper work involved from the employer side for Tier 2 sponsorship. Probably you will have to go back to India, wait until your Tier2 visa is ready , then come to the UK.

From your message:
"I don’t have any sponsorship but i am hoping that my current employer may send me in two months for some period probably so i want to utilize an opportunity."

On which visa your employer is going to send you to the UK?