ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting to Ireland after oath ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lovetier1

Visiting to Ireland after oath ceremony

Post by lovetier1 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi all,

I got my naturalization application successful recently, and will be going for Oath ceremony next week, for some reason I need travel to Dublin (Ireland) immediately after my Oath. Is it legal to travel to Ireland using my Indian passport (having ILR Visa) before I get my Red passport?

Note: since last year people who have uk visa can travel to Ireland with out Irish visa.

Any suggestion will really help

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:58 pm

I believe India allows upto 3 months of travel using the Indian passport without penalties after obtaining a British citizenship. In practice, I don't think you will get penalised anyway as there should not be any evidence of your travel in the passport (no border checks between the UK/Ireland).

lovetier1

Post by lovetier1 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Jambo wrote:I believe India allows upto 3 months of travel using the Indian passport without penalties after obtaining a British citizenship. In practice, I don't think you will get penalised anyway as there should not be any evidence of your travel in the passport (no border checks between the UK/Ireland).
Thanks a lot Jambo for your quick reply!!...

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: Visiting to Ireland after oath ceremony

Post by jms_uk » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 pm

lovetier1 wrote:Hi all,
I got my naturalization application successful recently, and will be going for Oath ceremony next week, for some reason I need travel to Dublin (Ireland) immediately after my Oath. Is it legal to travel to Ireland using my Indian passport (having ILR Visa) before I get my Red passport?
I thought that UK and IRL citizens don't need passports to move through CTA?
Only for the carrier [ferry/plane] you might need to show ID and Driver's Licence should suffice? If they have any doubts, you can show them your certificate.

As for this:
lovetier1 wrote: Note: since last year people who have uk visa can travel to Ireland with out Irish visa.
Please note it ONLY applies to people with UK tourist [C] visa and no-one else. I found that whole visa waiver program quite insulting for long-term residents in the UK...

barker

Post by barker » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:59 pm

People with a long term visa are still required to apply for an entry visa however this is free. There are no visa charges. Check out point 15 on page 4 of the following link

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Visa%20W ... 202012.pdf[/b]

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:53 pm

barker wrote: There are no visa charges.
No, only the cost of going to London to apply for it, premium rate phone number (£1.50/min) if you want to ask them something and of course having to obtain all the documents required.

Btw, [at least] one of the countries on that list didn't pay irish visa fees anyway even before this waiver - so no changes at all for them.

Sorry for going OT.