ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retending rights after Divorce/ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

flexcyb
Newly Registered

Retending rights after Divorce/ILR

Post by flexcyb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 am

My Wife is a Portugese National, Weve been married since 2004, I got granted a resident permit of 5 years in 2006 as a family member of an EEA national which expired in 2011. We lived together until September 2008. I came home one day and she was gone. before she left we had lots of argument and misunderstanding. However ive tried all necessary means to try salvage the relationship. She has since returned to portugal. I have tried contacting her so many times. Each time i try talking to her she never answers. I still have a copy of her old passport and some pay slips of hers when she was working her in the uk. Having waited for over 3 years, i have decided to apply for a divorce on the grounds of seperation for over 2 years. My question is what are the chances of successfully applying for ILR or Permanent Residence ones the divorce is granted. I have been in this country legally since 2002. Thanks your reading.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 am

you may have secured PR since 2009. When did she live for portugal exactly?
Had she been in employment before she left?
Can you prove she was exercising treaty right since 2004 when you got married in the UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

flexcyb
Newly Registered

Post by flexcyb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:47 am

yes she was working for a couple of year but then lost her job. She left for portugal in 2008. The problem here is i know i need some documents from her in other to further my application. However she is not cooperating at all as shes warned me never to get in touch with her.