ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help student visa not studying

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumarraj
Newly Registered

Help student visa not studying

Post by kumarraj » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 pm

my causin came here to study. but dont think he is studying as he moved miles away from his uni after the 1st year but kept saying he is still studying.

Now he is staying with us in London saying his is on his holidays. if we keep him in our house will that cause any issues to us with home office ? all of us are british citizens.

He is family so can't tell him to go. but I dont want to do any thing ilegal specially I'm trying to sponsor my mum

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 pm

If he came here on student visa but he is not studying and attending his sponsor, he must have been reported to UKBA and his visa must be curtailed by now.

So actually he is an illegal immigrant in UK and you actually giving him a shelter due to relationship even everything is in your knowledge.

Do you think you are doing right and lawful as responsible UK citizen?

kumarraj
Newly Registered

Post by kumarraj » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Deviser wrote:If he came here on student visa but he is not studying and attending his sponsor, he must have been reported to UKBA and his visa must be curtailed by now.

So actually he is an illegal immigrant in UK and you actually giving him a shelter due to relationship even everything is in your knowledge.

Do you think you are doing right and lawful as responsible UK citizen?
Agree but what if he telling the truth may be studying some where else and if I reported to HO.

1st I'll be wasting HO time and I will be never be able to go back to my ex country. as his parents look after us when we go there. we pay but still

It's not easy best thing I can do is ask him to leave I guess. People back home dont think immigration crime as a "real crime" some people here think that too but more so over there

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 am

kumarraj wrote: People back home dont think immigration crime as a "real crime" some people here think that too but more so over there
Can I just ask how you managed to come in this country, or which boat you forefathers used to get in here?
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Help student visa not studying

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 am

kumarraj wrote:my causin came here to study. but dont think he is studying as he moved miles away from his uni after the 1st year but kept saying he is still studying.

Now he is staying with us in London saying his is on his holidays. if we keep him in our house will that cause any issues to us with home office ? all of us are british citizens.

He is family so can't tell him to go. but I dont want to do any thing ilegal specially I'm trying to sponsor my mum
Besides his immigration status is not your problem, he is human and on top of that he is related to you as well. If you can’t afford him financially that make sense, however what kind of immigrant he is has nothing to do with you.
N/A

kumarraj
Newly Registered

Re: Help student visa not studying

Post by kumarraj » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Tier 4 wrote: Besides his immigration status is not your problem, he is human and on top of that he is related to you as well. If you can’t afford him financially that make sense, however what kind of immigrant he is has nothing to do with you.
that's what I'm asking by keeping him am I doing any thing wrong any implications.

kumarraj
Newly Registered

Post by kumarraj » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
kumarraj wrote: People back home dont think immigration crime as a "real crime" some people here think that too but more so over there
Can I just ask how you managed to come in this country, or which boat you forefathers used to get in here?
not sure banana boat I guess.