ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 & EEA2 - declaration of sufficient funds

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EEA1 & EEA2 - declaration of sufficient funds

Post by 1878 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Dear all,

I want to write a declaration of sufficient funds for our joint EEA1 and 2 application as I do not want to wait for my scholarship confirmation as it will take to long time.

Does anybody know what this declaration need to contain and is there something special I need to mention or write?

PS: apply as student.

Thanks,

bil123
- thin ice -

Re: EEA1 & EEA2 - declaration of sufficient funds

Post by bil123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:22 pm

1878 wrote:Dear all,

I want to write a declaration of sufficient funds for our joint EEA1 and 2 application as I do not want to wait for my scholarship confirmation as it will take to long time.

Does anybody know what this declaration need to contain and is there something special I need to mention or write?

PS: apply as student.

Thanks,

Hi,
I have been refused recently because of not providing enough evidence of funds as my wife is also a student we did attach grant letter and maintainance funds loan letter from bank plus self declaration statement .So my advice is to wait for the scholarship letter as HO can find any reason to refuse your application do not do any thing in a hurry try to add as much evidence you can provide dont leave any doubts, in a self declaration you have to write that you have enough financiall resources and you WILL NOT BECOME A BURDEN ON SOCIAL ASSISSTANCE SYSTEM OF UUNITED KINGDOM plus mention any supporting evidence you have eg medical insurance,sholarship letter etc.

Post by 1878 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:57 am

Well, what does a burden mean? I have social rights as an EEA citizen such as child benefit etc. Surely they cant mean this?

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:32 pm

1878 wrote:Well, what does a burden mean? I have social rights as an EEA citizen such as child benefit etc. Surely they cant mean this?
yes you do you can take these benefits as far as I know but you need to write it and mention these wording or some thing similar.

Post by 1878 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Okay. I wrote this:

"I hereby declare to the Secretary of State that I, X have sufficient resources not to become burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom during my period of residence. "

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:07 pm

1878 wrote:Okay. I wrote this:

"I hereby declare to the Secretary of State that I, X have sufficient resources not to become burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom during my period of residence. "
yes its enough to let them trust you, best of luck.

Pile2
Newly Registered

sufficient resources

Post by Pile2 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Does anyone knows how much sufficient funds-sources is enough?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 am

As long as an EEA national and its family members are not claiming public funds, any regular income/saving can serve the purpose and these funds can come from the employment or self employment of any of the family member.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

XABI

Post by XABI » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:32 am

bil123 wrote: Hi,
I have been refused recently because of not providing enough evidence of funds as my wife is also a student we did attach grant letter and maintainance funds loan letter from bank plus self declaration statement .So my advice is to wait for the scholarship letter as HO can find any reason to refuse your application do not do any thing in a hurry try to add as much evidence you can provide dont leave any doubts, in a self declaration you have to write that you have enough financiall resources and you WILL NOT BECOME A BURDEN ON SOCIAL ASSISSTANCE SYSTEM OF UUNITED KINGDOM plus mention any supporting evidence you have eg medical insurance,sholarship letter etc.
When you said "we did attach grant letter and maintainance funds loan" are these from Uk student finance or from your EU wife's country student support services.

Pile2
Newly Registered

sufficient fund

Post by Pile2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:50 am

sheraz7 wrote:As long as an EEA national and its family members are not claiming public funds, any regular income/saving can serve the purpose and these funds can come from the employment or self employment of any of the family member.
I am EU student, and am not working currently and she just got job offer, but they don't want to employ her without AoC. That's why she would like to apply for RC. However we do have some money saved.

I don't have any schollarship or grant to show them.

Do you think there is a possibility she can get RC?

Thank you

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: sufficient fund

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Pile2 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:As long as an EEA national and its family members are not claiming public funds, any regular income/saving can serve the purpose and these funds can come from the employment or self employment of any of the family member.
I am EU student, and am not working currently and she just got job offer, but they don't want to employ her without AoC. That's why she would like to apply for RC. However we do have some money saved.

I don't have any schollarship or grant to show them.

Do you think there is a possibility she can get RC?

Thank you
since you have some saved funds then even in the absence of scholarship the demonstration of funds (bank statements) with/without declaration of having sufficient funds must work along with enrolment letter and csi for EEA national.
REGARDS

Pile2
Newly Registered

Re: sufficient fund

Post by Pile2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:09 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
Pile2 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:As long as an EEA national and its family members are not claiming public funds, any regular income/saving can serve the purpose and these funds can come from the
since you have some saved funds then even in the absence of scholarship the demonstration of funds (bank statements) with/without declaration of having sufficient funds must work along with enrolment letter and csi for EEA national.
Firstly, thank you for the info-very usefull!!

We both have CSI. How do we present that? With letter or with CSI card. But if I post them CSI card, then in case if something happens we don't have CSI card with me. And I don't have any letter stating I have CSI, I only have European CSI card.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Do you have a private medical insurance (csi) or European health insurance card (Ehic). If it is EHIC card the whether is it from your country?
REGARDS

Pile2
Newly Registered

Post by Pile2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:22 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Do you have a private medical insurance (csi) or European health insurance card (Ehic). If it is EHIC card the whether is it from your country?
I have both, private and EHIC. From my country.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:30 pm

If your private health insurance policy covers you in majority of circumstances especially INPATIENT & OUTPATIENT TREATMENT then use that one and just request from the policy provider the policy documents such as registration certificate, membership cards, booklet etc.
REGARDS

Pile2
Newly Registered

Post by Pile2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:03 pm

sheraz7 wrote:If your private health insurance policy covers you in majority of circumstances especially INPATIENT & OUTPATIENT TREATMENT then use that one and just request from the policy provider the policy documents such as registration certificate, membership cards, booklet etc.
Thanky you!!!

Pile2
Newly Registered

Post by Pile2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Ok, I decided I will send them bank statements. How many you think I should send them-like for 6 months or 3 will be enough?

tmacd
Newly Registered

Post by tmacd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi,

I just want to clarify something quickly. I am currently working, as I'm married to an EEA citizen currently exercising her treaty rights as a student. We are currently applying to confirm our status, her with a Qualified Person application and myself with the EEA Family Permit. Does this mean I can submit bank statements showing my pay as evidence of our finances, or does that risk getting me in trouble?

Thanks so much. These threads are life-savers.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 pm

If you had comprehensive sickness insurance, then she can rely on your income to fulfil the Self Sufficiency requirement.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tmacd
Newly Registered

Post by tmacd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Obie wrote:If you had comprehensive sickness insurance, then she can rely on your income to fulfil the Self Sufficiency requirement.
Thanks for your answer, really appreciated. Since we're applying on the grounds that she's exercising her rights as a student, we need to prove that we have sufficient finances not to become a 'burden on the UK's social assistance programs'. I guess my question should've been whether or not I can use my pay towards that?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Did she have access to the funds, and can you prove that she had?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tmacd
Newly Registered

Post by tmacd » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 am

Obie wrote:Did she have access to the funds, and can you prove that she had?
Yeah, I've had it payed into an account under her name since it's the one we pay our bills out of. I imagine I could prove that with bank statements?