ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1st passport, 48 pages, how are doc returned?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingcedz
Newly Registered

1st passport, 48 pages, how are doc returned?

Post by kingcedz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 pm

For 1st passport application, if want to apply for the 48 pages jumbo passport, are the extra fees for supporting documents returned by Secured Delivery automatically waived?

On the IPS website it says:"IPS can also return your supporting documents by Secure Delivery for an extra fee of £3.00."

and it also says
"The extra £3.00 is waived if you:
renew your passport with a 48-page jumbo passport
were born on or before 2 September 1929"

If applying the 1st adult passport, it's not exactly "renew" with a 48 page jumbo passport. In which case, should Post Office charge the additional £3?

I m not bothered by the £3, but I m rather worried if Post Office under charge me, and my doc ended up returned by 2nd class post instead of secure delivery.

Can someone has applied 1st passport as 48 page jumbo passport share a bit insight?

Thanks.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: 1st passport, 48 pages, how are doc returned?

Post by jms_uk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:29 pm

kingcedz wrote:For 1st passport application, if want to apply for the 48 pages jumbo passport, are the extra fees for supporting documents returned by Secured Delivery automatically waived?

On the IPS website it says:"IPS can also return your supporting documents by Secure Delivery for an extra fee of £3.00."

and it also says
"The extra £3.00 is waived if you:
renew your passport with a 48-page jumbo passport
were born on or before 2 September 1929"

If applying the 1st adult passport, it's not exactly "renew" with a 48 page jumbo passport. In which case, should Post Office charge the additional £3?

I m not bothered by the £3, but I m rather worried if Post Office under charge me, and my doc ended up returned by 2nd class post instead of secure delivery.

Can someone has applied 1st passport as 48 page jumbo passport share a bit insight?

Thanks.
I would just pay additional £3 and maybe write a short letter/note requesting return of supporting documents via Secure Delivery.