ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the English/Scottish/Irish railroad job prospects?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sailorbay89
Newly Registered

What are the English/Scottish/Irish railroad job prospects?

Post by sailorbay89 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:12 am

Hi everyone, my name is Bowen and I am from US and currently living in California. I am thinking of making the move across the pond to Scotland (first choice) to look for work in the railroad sector (ScotRail, preferably). Right now I am 17, but when I make the move, next June, ill be 18. What are the prospects of landing a railroad job considering my age and nationality? Along with scotland, I am thinking of Ireland or actually anywhere in the UK. To give you all more info on me, to help with answers, I have over 2 1/2 years continuous work experience as a customer service agent at OCSC Sailing, here in California, and when I make the move i will have over 3 years. Preferably I would like to become a conductor or at least someone who works on the platform or in the station. Any help is much appreciated. Also, how does this ancesty visa work? My great-grandparents are from England, but for the Commonwealth nations it can only go back to grandparents, is the rule different for non-Commonwealth country nationals? Thanks again.

-Bowen in the Bay Area.