ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it worth migrating to Canada?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msimran1
Newly Registered

Is it worth migrating to Canada?

Post by msimran1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi everyone.

I came to UK 5 years ago with my family on HSMP, just a week ago got my ILR.

I applied for Canadian immigration about 7 years ago. Last year they moved my file to London consulate and just recently they sent me the medical forms and asked me to submit some additional documents and to pay Permanent Residence fee of CAD$980. Total expense of medical extra is nearly £2000.

Since we've now got ILR and in one years time we'll be applying for UK citizenship. So at this stage I'm just concerned that is it worthwhile migrating to Canada now. What are the pros and cons.

I'll be grateful for any valuable advice and some expert opinion.

Regards,
Imran

bkankit
BANNED

Re: Is it worth migrating to Canada?

Post by bkankit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 am

msimran1 wrote:Hi everyone.

I applied for Canadian immigration about 7 years ago. Last year they moved my file to London consulate and just recently they sent me the medical forms and asked me to submit some additional documents and to pay Permanent Residence fee of CAD$980. Total expense of medical extra is nearly £2000.

Since we've now got ILR and in one years time we'll be applying for UK citizenship. So at this stage I'm just concerned that is it worthwhile migrating to Canada now. What are the pros and cons.

Regards,
Imran
• 'WWICS one of the biggest culprits' - Times Of India
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com › Collections › Visa
20 Feb 2012 – WWICS is one of the biggest culprits and the maximum names have been ... Chandigarh police sealed premises of 20 city-based travel agents ...
• WWICS bank accounts sealed - Yes
nrinewspost.blogspot.com/2012/02/wwics-bank-accounts-sealed.html
27 Feb 2012 – WWICS bank accounts sealed. Chandigarh - The World Wide Immigration and Consultancy Services (WWICS) here faced another setback as ...
• WWICS Mohali raided, Sec 22 office sealed - Times Of India
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com › Collections › Website
15 Feb 2012 – CHANDIGARH: Tightening its noose around one of the biggest immigration company of the region WWICS, the Special Investigation Team ...

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 am

Regards,
Imran
well it depends upon personal circumstances . if u r happy here or there??? where do u think u can grow more and keep ur family happy??? also where u can maintain ur living standards and good job!!!!

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:02 am

Regards,
Imran
Hi Imran,

I've got one eye on Canadian immigration. However, I would like to find out from you if there are certain sums of money one would be required to have in the bank account before one can be successful in applying? I haven't started though, but just want to know.

Kind regards
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

msimran1
Newly Registered

Post by msimran1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi, Yes you have to prove that you have sufficient funds available to survive in Canada for some time. I don't know the exact figure now but it also depends on your family size. Also, I think you don't need to have all funds in your bank. Since its been long since I applied therefore I don't remember all the details but you can check it from their website where all details are available. The address is below

http://www.cic.gc.ca
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio ... killed.asp

Regards