ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for baby born in UK to ILR parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deep_blue
Newly Registered

Citizenship for baby born in UK to ILR parents

Post by deep_blue » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi,
We had a baby recently and would like to apply for british passport for him. We both are on ILR even before he was born.

I am thinking of using the post office passport check and send service. When I use this service, what original documents do I need to send along with the passport application? Do we need to send either my passport or my wife's passport? We also have a full birth certificate for him, and our original marriage certificate.

I am a bit apprehensive about sending original documents in mail, and would like to avoid it, if there is a way. Any advice, gratefully received.

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 pm

See Q2 in Citizenship FAQ - Common Questions - Read before posting - Passport. I suggest you also read the passport guide (link available in the FAQ).

deep_blue
Newly Registered

Post by deep_blue » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks Jambo. I have read the link and now understand that I will definitely need to send either mine/wife's passport with our son's passport application.