ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

university fee

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dorian1986

university fee

Post by dorian1986 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:49 pm

im turkish national.i applied for a residence card.I want make master`s degree.If i get my RC,will i pay for my masters degree as a overseas student or a EEA citizen.there is big difference in university fee.overseas student has to pay 10.000 thousand pound but European citizen only 4400 pound.i hope my question is clear...

thank you very much in advance.

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: university fee

Post by thsths » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 am

dorian1986 wrote:im turkish national.i applied for a residence card.I want make master`s degree.If i get my RC,will i pay for my masters degree as a overseas student or a EEA citizen.there is big difference in university fee.overseas student has to pay 10.000 thousand pound but European citizen only 4400 pound.i hope my question is clear...

thank you very much in advance.
It makes no difference. The fee structure is based mostly on (legal) residence, and the rules are long, complicated, and not always applied consistently. Talk to the university, they should be able to advise.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

As far as I know the rule of a thumb is that you have to live in the UK or EU for three years prior to the beginning of studying.