ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the ECO Check my Bank Balance?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newlight1

Can the ECO Check my Bank Balance?

Post by newlight1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 am

Does the ECO have the right to look into your bank Balance when he/she is reviewing your application? I mean of course they have my bank statements but can they all call up my bank to see what my balance is at the time of the application too?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Can the ECO Check my Bank Balance?

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:59 am

No it's not permitted, and nor is there any need to do this because if they don't see what they are looking for they simply refuse the visa.

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 pm

newlight1, since the response above is 180 degrees opposite of what was posted when you asked in the other forum. What will you do now?

One forum says yes, the other forum says no. What do you do when that happens? Find another forum to break the tie?

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:23 pm

In some countries such as India there is no data protection laws and the embassy often calls the bank to verify bank statements are genuine by asking about sums of money. I watched this in a UKBA televsion programme.

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:10 pm

transpondia-2011 wrote:newlight1, since the response above is 180 degrees opposite of what was posted when you asked in the other forum. What will you do now?

One forum says yes, the other forum says no. What do you do when that happens? Find another forum to break the tie?
I dont know, realistically probably just throw up some more, get another migraine, spend some more time with stomach cramps. Thanks for asking.

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

newlight1 wrote:
transpondia-2011 wrote:newlight1, since the response above is 180 degrees opposite of what was posted when you asked in the other forum. What will you do now?

I dont know, realistically probably just throw up some more, get another migraine, spend some more time with stomach cramps. Thanks for asking.
It's interesting to me that both Vicky *and* Lucapooka are right, notwithstanding their totally opposite viewpoints, depending upon which question was actually put forward...

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:31 pm

It's interesting to me that both Vicky *and* Lucapooka are right, notwithstanding their totally opposite viewpoints, depending upon which question was actually put forward...
So sorry, who is right? Vicky or Lucapooka? Can the ECO phone up my Bank and ask what the current balance is? Im confused?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:08 pm

I think you are over thinking this.

If you have provided original bank statements the UKBA officer should have no need to contact the bank.

You should only be worrying if anything fraudulent has been submitted or you were trying to trick the UKBA officer by showing money in the bank which is moved as soon as the statements are delivered.

Whatever happens, you have no control over this process because you cannot ask your BANK to say whatever you like to be said about your accounts.

All said, best of luck and do not stress on this subject. As the UKBA would only consider this if they are suspicious.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

ECO can check anything if they believe fraud has taken place or they suspect anything untoward such as false employment documents .
pennyless

newlight1

Post by newlight1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:59 pm

OK, I was thinking of buying a New TV maybe, but maybe I shouldn't buy it as it would decrease my bank balance. Old one is getting on a bit but not worth buying a new one if it risks my Fiances visa being rejected.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:41 pm

newlight1 wrote:OK, I was thinking of buying a New TV maybe, but maybe I shouldn't buy it as it would decrease my bank balance. Old one is getting on a bit but not worth buying a new one if it risks my Fiances visa being rejected.
Really not sure that buying a TV will stop you getting a visa, if you meet the income requirements this will not be a problem. If you have already applied as you suggest in previous post buying a TV would not be a reason to refuse your application!!
pennyless

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 am

Its an article 8 right to have whatever tv one wants. It will be a gross violation of right to private/family life if ECO refuses an application because the applicant or sponsor has bought a tv.

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:02 pm

To flip out and post on 3 different forums something of limited materiality suggests a disproportionate level of stress.

Franko

Post by Franko » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:28 am

If your bank is in the UK then no the ECO could not check you bank balance, (without you prior writen consent to the bank) the only way they could would be via a court and ordered by a judge if they suspected fraud and wanted to take legal action.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:56 am

newlight1 wrote:OK, I was thinking of buying a New TV maybe, but maybe I shouldn't buy it as it would decrease my bank balance. Old one is getting on a bit but not worth buying a new one if it risks my Fiances visa being rejected.
according to your statement now you have to decide 1)which is worth? 2)Tv or fiance visa? 3)which u can turn it off for a while if it keep shouting? 4)which will reduce bank balance?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:56 am

according to your statement now you have to decide 1)which is worth? 2)Tv or fiance visa? 3)which u can turn it off for a while if it keep shouting? 4)which will reduce bank balance?

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:31 am

newlight1 wrote:

Chill out and relax.... Have you already applied?? - If so there is nothing you can do to now anyway...

As Harv righly said if you have provided all accurate and honest documents you have nothing to worry, if they think you have committed fraud they will deal with it.

No bank in the UK will give your information to anyone but the Police with sufficant reason to why. I do not think the UKBA have access to such information (I could be wrong) but I dont think so. There is Data Protection.

Chill out and do not worry, treat your self to a TV
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank