ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age Assesment confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ardamardar
Newly Registered

Age Assesment confusion

Post by ardamardar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi,

The form says :

Please tick the relevant box to confirm the points you are claiming on the basis of your age at application for your first grant of leave in a relevant route:
Applications for indefinite leave to remain where an applicant has had, leave as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self Employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place
before 6 April 2010
Under 28 years of age 20 points
28 or 29 years of age 10 points
30 or 31 years of age 5 points

I have arrived in UK with work permit in 2007 August. I applied for Tier 1 in April 2008 and when I applied I was still 27 years old, not 28. When I received Tier 1 I was 28 years old in June 2008.

Now I am 32 years old. Which box do I tick?
It feels like when I applied for Tier 1 (is it my first grant to leave?), I was under 28 so I claim 20 points. I am still on Tier 1 and applying to ILR from that route.

Thanks in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 pm