ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DO I HAVE TO REGISTER MY WIFE ON COUNCIL TAX FOR ILR? HELP!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satz52
Newly Registered

DO I HAVE TO REGISTER MY WIFE ON COUNCIL TAX FOR ILR? HELP!!

Post by satz52 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:24 pm

hello guys,

i need help from all you experienced people out there. my wife came to UK on spouse visa last April 2011 but i did not register her on electoral register (with council tax) until 26 June 2012. now i am only 6 months away from applying for her ILR and wondering would they check that she wasn't registered at the same address as me and i was getting 25% single occupancy discount on my council tax bill until i registered her this year in June 2012, will it have any effect on her application if they check it or do they check it that back. Also i haven't opened a joint bank account with her as my credit history is not too good, would it effect her history if i open an joint account with her.
hope someone out there can guide me in the right direction as i would be really grateful and appreciate that as i am totally confused and scared.thank you so much in advance for your time in advance.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: DO I HAVE TO REGISTER MY WIFE ON COUNCIL TAX FOR ILR? HE

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 pm

satz52 wrote:hello guys,

... and wondering would they check that she wasn't registered at the same address as me and i was getting 25% single occupancy discount on my council tax bill until i registered her this year in June 2012, .
If you hadn't spilled the beans here, no-one would have known. As for your subsequent question, it is hard to say, as it is perfectly OK to not use Council tax paperwork for doc purpose.