ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

irish and eu spouse citizenship applications

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dania

irish and eu spouse citizenship applications

Post by dania » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm

hi i have a question do any body knows why irish and eu spouse cases r still waiting even after two or three years,any ideas wellcome.i know few people who applied in 2009 an 2010 on irish and eu spouse basis but still waiting???
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 pm

There is no such category as naturalisation based on marriage to an EU national. If a standard 5 year reckonable residence applicant happens to be married to an EU national, this fact is immaterial.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 pm

many people who applied in 2009 and 2010 are still waiting. I also know a few that are still waiting longer than that. It's just that when the minister decided to speed up the processing, he did not start from the older files in the queue, but from the fresh applications coming in....
but hopwfully now he will instruct his staff to concentrate on clearing the backlog as per his letter issued to older applicants.
and just to remind you, there are only several categories for naturalisation:
1. based on marriage to irish citizen
2. based on 5 years reckonable residence (that includes people on work permits, married to EU nationals, parents of IBC, humanitarian leave to remain, etc)
3. minors
and maybe some other ones like irish association and refugees...

nissa

Post by nissa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:13 pm

I agree they have processed new application froms.I have applied in feb 2011 (5 yrs recoknable residence)and i filled up the old application form8 still waiting for decision. Recently people who applied from may 2011 up to next months with new application forms and have paid application fee got approvel letters.Now may be after august my turn will come :idea:

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 pm

nissa wrote:I agree they have processed new application froms.I have applied in feb 2011 (5 yrs recoknable residence)and i filled up the old application form8 still waiting for decision. Recently people who applied from may 2011 up to next months with new application forms and have paid application fee got approvel letters.Now may be after august my turn will come :idea:
How long it took to get acknowledgement for you???

ali_ireland

Post by ali_ireland » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 pm

hi guys

i also applied in jan 2011 based on 5 yrs residency on EUFAM4 but i didnt got any response frm citizenship section my solictor also asked to dept abt 3 times but dy always said usual ans my application is under process.and i knw few ppl dy hav same case and all r waiting for answer...

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:41 am

because brother your application meant to be delayed if you are from iran , iraq , afghanistan ,egypt,pakistan etc i am in the same boat....