ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment for citizenship certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vinnyb
Newly Registered

Payment for citizenship certificate

Post by Vinnyb » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey all.
I too got my approval in the current batch with ceremony on 30th. But I am freaking out.

When I went to the post office to get the money order, the clerk filled it out and he wrote on the PAY section just 'Secretary General.' I told him that it should be 'Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality,' but he said that it wouldn't fit and that they did loads of these all the time and that it would be no problem and that they hadn't had any returned or complaints so far.

I was uneasy about it it but there was a long queue behind me and I went along with it. Now I am panicking that the Citizenship department will not accept the money order and I won't get my certificate at the ceremony.

Has anyone any advice? Or similar experience in terms of what they wrote on the postal money order?

My relatives say it should be fine that lots of people probably do the same thing. But if there is a problem it's probably too late for me to make any changes or do anything about it now since the deadline for submitting of documents is 23rd of July, i.e. Monday.

I'm worried that I will turn up for the ceremony on the 30th and be told that there was a problem with payment and I won't get the certificate! :(

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm

you will be fine. secretary general is sufficient

Vinnyb
Newly Registered

Post by Vinnyb » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:23 pm

agniukas wrote:you will be fine. secretary general is sufficient
Thanks. I hope you're right!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 pm

dont worry mate.you will get your certificate on 30 august.there is no need to be panic about small things.take my words enjoy your irishness..............also even citizenship section send me wrong letter about 14 june ceremony.but on my approval letter written 30 august 2012.there is no need to panic.once you send 950 euro,2 photograph,gnib card.good luck

internal_model
Newly Registered

Re: Payment for citizenship certificate

Post by internal_model » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Vinnyb wrote:Hey all.
I too got my approval in the current batch with ceremony on 30th. But I am freaking out.

When I went to the post office to get the money order, the clerk filled it out and he wrote on the PAY section just 'Secretary General.' I told him that it should be 'Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality,' but he said that it wouldn't fit and that they did loads of these all the time and that it would be no problem and that they hadn't had any returned or complaints so far.

I was uneasy about it it but there was a long queue behind me and I went along with it. Now I am panicking that the Citizenship department will not accept the money order and I won't get my certificate at the ceremony.

Has anyone any advice? Or similar experience in terms of what they wrote on the postal money order?

My relatives say it should be fine that lots of people probably do the same thing. But if there is a problem it's probably too late for me to make any changes or do anything about it now since the deadline for submitting of documents is 23rd of July, i.e. Monday.

I'm worried that I will turn up for the ceremony on the 30th and be told that there was a problem with payment and I won't get the certificate! :(
Hi - Could I just ask you to clarify\confirm something. Did the letter you received notifying you of the ministers intention to grant you citizenship contain both the date of the citizenship ceremony and a request for €950?

The reason why I ask is my wife has received a similar letter requesting €950 but without mentioning the date of the ceremony she is to attend. I am left wondering if this is an omission on their part or whether we will receive a separate invitation to the ceremony. I do not know what usually happens at this stage of the process.

Naija

Post by Naija » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Vinnyb
exactly the same things happened to me and I panicked and asked people here.I attended last ceremony, 14th June 2012. I went to the post office,got the postal order for 950.Maximum value of one postal order is 650 e,so the guy there separated it into two 475 e postal orders made payable to Secretary General and i told him my worry exactly like you and i got exactly same answer. :) But still,i sent it off and i constantly worried up until day of ceremony when they gave me my certificate of naturalisation,therefore you have absolutely nothing to worry about,as i went throught exactly same experience.They dont care as long as they got the money.They already know there wont be enough space on postal order and that it has to be separated into two.Congratulations! :)

Naija

Post by Naija » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:59 pm

internal_model

First of all, congratulations. There is nothing to worry about. I attended June ceremony and i got ALL IN ONE=approval letter and invitation letter to ceremony as well as asking me to send them money and all documents.And some people got only approval letter and were asked to send money and documents without ceremony invitation.But that is simply because i believe there is not enough place for all people to attend as a lot of letters say that demand for ceremony places is high.I believe she will attend next one after this coming one.They will send out ceremony invitation after they get her 950 e and all documents. :)