ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cant get Reference Letter -- Company doesnt exist anymore!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dipsy
Newly Registered

Cant get Reference Letter -- Company doesnt exist anymore!

Post by dipsy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:27 am

Hi Guys,

A quick question. Home office has asked me for some more info further to my HSMP application. They want a reference letter (one with dates of employment, job position and job description) on letterheaded paper for each of the employers mentioned on my application.

Whereas I sent my original appointment letters, payslips, releiving letters for each of the employers, the above info is now required by HO.

The problem is that out of the 4 employers I can get a reference letter from 3 of them while 1 has closed down its operations since last few years. The one that has closed down is my second employer. I am claiming 25 points for 5 years of graduate level work experience. Even if I discount my second employer, I still total up 8 years of work experience on the other 3 employers.

Should I tell HO that the company has closed down and that they should consider my application based on other 3 employer references? Will this affect my application adversely?

thanks

dipsy

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:55 pm

You have 2 options:
1) To tell the truth and say clearly that compny is closed now, and you can't provide any further documents other than those which you have already provided.
It seems to be a work-able solution, as you are providing other refrences.

2) Could you tell from which country you are. The 2nd option rely on that
:)

cheers
Ajay

dipsy
Newly Registered

Post by dipsy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:01 pm

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your help. I am from India but working in UK since the last 2 years.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:41 pm

dipsy

From my understanding, employer reference means you don't have to give your previous employers postal address and an existing employee details for reference.

All you have to give is :

1) Find an employee name who was a colleague (preferably a senior ) to you (eg: manager)
2) His designation in the company
3) His current designation and address.

If the person asking reference wants to communicate, he will send a letter to the above mentioned person, all he has to do is write in feedbacks as reply about you whilst you were employed and working under him.

The above 3 will help you to obtain a reference from an ex-employer, even if that company is currently not in existence.

Please note employer reference often means 'reference on you' as an ex-employee not reference to the existence of the company (only the stock market will do that kind of check!)