ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

??? NON EU parents of naturalised irish citizen???

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

??? NON EU parents of naturalised irish citizen???

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 am

Hi do any one know which form to fill if someone wants to apply for Non EU Parents of Naturalised Irish , so that they can stay in Ireland for long?

As tourist visa is only for 3 months!!!!!

is it EU1??? or something else?????
anyone in same situation???

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:39 am

There is no legislative right. Not entirely the same situation, but:
CitizensInformation.ie wrote:I am an Australian married to an Irish citizen and living in Cork. Can my Australian father come to live with us? He is on an Australian state pension.

If your father can show that he can support himself in Ireland and if he has private health insurance, he may come and live in Ireland with you.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:09 am

Ben wrote:There is no legislative right. Not entirely the same situation, but:
CitizensInformation.ie wrote:I am an Australian married to an Irish citizen and living in Cork. Can my Australian father come to live with us? He is on an Australian state pension.

If your father can show that he can support himself in Ireland and if he has private health insurance, he may come and live in Ireland with you.

thanks for quick reply Ben. did they got visa in the end or still in process??

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:52 am

sun_in_rome wrote:thanks for quick reply Ben. did they got visa in the end or still in process??
Did who get a visa in the end?

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 am

Ben wrote:
sun_in_rome wrote:thanks for quick reply Ben. did they got visa in the end or still in process??
Did who get a visa in the end?
"Australian Father" did he got visa or still in process.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:37 am

I'm pretty sure that's a hypothetical example.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Ben wrote:I'm pretty sure that's a hypothetical example.
oh!!! ok i thought it was real case .i think i should go to citizen information centre for answer. may be they know which form to fill????

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:27 pm

I doubt it, to be honest. It'll be a bespoke application. You'll just have to write to the DoJ and make a strong case. Make sure it's watertight and that you demonstrate that your parents have enough money to look after themselves in Ireland.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:21 pm

the example in relation to the australian father provided an easy answer because Australians are not visa required.
Everyone who is visa required, has to obtain visa before travelling.
At the moment the only type of visa available is the C visit visa which is only for 3 months with no rights to residency.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm not sure that makes any difference. Australian nationals are only visa-free for entry to Ireland for short visit purposes. If an Australian national presents at the border seeking to enter for purposes other than for a short visit, he requires the appropriate visa like everybody else.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 pm

general immigration can provide them residency on stamp 3 provided that the non visa required parent of irish national can support themselves without being the burden on the state.
c visit visa is not extendable and residency cannot be given to a visa required parent of an irish national

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:46 pm

agniukas wrote:general immigration can provide them residency on stamp 3 provided that the non visa required parent of irish national can support themselves without being the burden on the state.
c visit visa is not extendable and residency cannot be given to a visa required parent of an irish national
for that is there any form to fill or just simply write a letter and summit your supported documents with that, as Ben has suggested???

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

are your parents visa required or not?
there is no application form. processing with general immigration can take several months. You can get a list of required documents directly from the general immigration. you can contact them by post or by helpline on thursdays. The applicant (your parents) have to be in the state at the time of application.
If they arrive on c visit visa, residency will not be issued, due to the lack of legislation.

ps EU treaty rights is not applicable in this situation.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:19 pm

agniukas wrote:are your parents visa required or not?
there is no application form. processing with general immigration can take several months. You can get a list of required documents directly from the general immigration. you can contact them by post or by helpline on thursdays. The applicant (your parents) have to be in the state at the time of application.
If they arrive on c visit visa, residency will not be issued, due to the lack of legislation.

ps EU treaty rights is not applicable in this situation.
Yes they are from visa required country. so that means i have apply for dependent visa outside Ireland ie. in native country.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 pm

the only type of available visa for your parents is c visit visa for max 3 months... no other options... sorry

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 am

agniukas, what are you basing all this on?

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Just to update i am still trying to find a way....... even person working in Department don't know the answer :shock: :shock: :shock: but Ben's suggestion of putting strong case seems to be repeated by so many!!!!
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 pm

sun_in_rome wrote:Just to update i am still trying to find a way....... even person working in Department don't know the answer :shock: :shock: :shock: but Ben's suggestion of putting strong case seems to be repeated by so many!!!!
That's because there's no legislation for this. It's all case by case and under discretion. The strength of the application comes from proving that your parents have money to support themselves and will not need state support.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Ben wrote:
sun_in_rome wrote:Just to update i am still trying to find a way....... even person working in Department don't know the answer :shock: :shock: :shock: but Ben's suggestion of putting strong case seems to be repeated by so many!!!!
That's because there's no legislation for this. It's all case by case and under discretion. The strength of the application comes from proving that your parents have money to support themselves and will not need state support.
can parents get multi entry visa for an year or two??? i know they can stay here only 90 days but that might help not to apply for visa again and again!!!!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 pm

multi entry visitor visa is issued after several visits, not as first time visitor visa.
lets say after 2 successful visits, and third visa could be issued multiple entry, for example.

HSE

Post by HSE » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:59 pm

But still with multiple re entry which my parents have as well, they dont allow them to stay more than six months max which is fine.

I think there was a case couple of years back where a lady of south african origin applied for her parents long term residency. Her husband was Irish and she was refused initially.

But then by showing that she is supporting them over a year via bank statements, private health insurance and good income proof, made her go to the court and she won the case but that case never became the bench mark for future.