ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR advice needed plz

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Proffkay
Newly Registered

ILR advice needed plz

Post by Proffkay » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:51 pm

hi there,
1st off i would like to say how great this forum is it has already answerd some of my questions. I am a british citizen.
My wife was issued a visa (spouse/marriage visa) on 23/11/2004. she came to the uk on 26/12/2004, now her current visa expires on 23/11/2006 and i need to apply for ILR for her. The problem i have are.

1.she came 2 da uk on 26/12/2004 and visa expires on 23/11/2006 would i need to apply for an extension for her to complete the full 2 year period.
2.my wife has no resource to public funds but i have applyied in my name for child tax credits and working tax credits but on the award notice it sayz that child tax credit is getting payed to her and working tax credit is getting payed to me. is this breaking no resource to public fund rule or doesn't it matter. i am working as well & get child benefit in my name.
3.if i have to apply for an extension why are forms FLR M & set m identical. they both ask the same things.
also can some 1 look at this link http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutu ... pousevisas
what does it mean.

sorry if i bored any 1 with dat. can some 1 be king enough and answer my query plz. i would be very very very grateful if some 1 helps me out with a bit of advice. thanks in advance.