ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing Biometrics Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cracker
Newly Registered

Missing Biometrics Letter

Post by cracker » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Does anyone know if dependants under the age of 16 get their own Biometrics Notification Letter? We received Biometrics Notification Letters on Sat 14th July for my wife and 18yr old stepson but nothing yet my 8yr old stepdaughter. I checked with the Post Office helpline and was advised that she does require her own letter. My attempts to get a definitive answer from the Border Agency have, as yet, been unsuccessful.

Thanks

Graham

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:14 am

You have not been looking hard enough I guess. Children over 6 years need full biometrics.

cracker
Newly Registered

Missing Biometrics Notification Letter

Post by cracker » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Go figure..... of course I know that she requires full biometrics, that was not my question. My question was regarding a possible missing notification letter.

Apparently letters going missing in the post is a very rare occurance, but fate has bestowed Murphys Law upon us and indeed my stepdaughters letter got lost in the mail.

Should this ever happen to anyone else, there is NO advise anywhere on the Border Agency website what to do, should this happen to you. You just have to figure it out for yourself.....
The bad news is that you do have to call Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 and spend at least 1/2hr on hold & then email appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.
Do not waste your time travelling all the way to your nearest biometrics Post Office, as you will probably be turned away.
By the way, our 15 Day time limit has been extended due to the error.