ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Association application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

courny

Irish Association application

Post by courny » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:44 pm

hi all.
sorry to distract people but was wondering if anyone could advise me on my case.
I came to ireland as a minor dependent on a join parent visa. Was 16 at the time. went to school and trinity college, was on a stamp 2 through out. Now both my parents are naturalized irish citizens and I am 26 years old now and working as self employed dentist.
Applied for citizenship based on irish association in nov 2011. got reference number end of Jan 2012. I had a stamp 2 when i submitted by application and end of november i got a stamp 4 based on my parents citizenship. Could anyone advised wether my application will be successful and as to when should expect to get my approval?
any help will be greatly appreciated.

courny

Post by courny » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:28 pm

anyone???
20 views no response? :(

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:54 pm

if your application was accepted and a reference number issued, that means that they counted the time on stamp2 as reckonable residence.
Now your application will be processed depending on your garda check and the employment, etc... chances are really good, unless you came the attention of the garda.
as to the timeframe, noone knows... soem get it in 6 months, some in 3 years...

rlow68

Re: Irish Association application

Post by rlow68 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 pm

courny wrote:hi all.
sorry to distract people but was wondering if anyone could advise me on my case.
I came to ireland as a minor dependent on a join parent visa. Was 16 at the time. went to school and trinity college, was on a stamp 2 through out. Now both my parents are naturalized irish citizens and I am 26 years old now and working as self employed dentist.
Applied for citizenship based on irish association in nov 2011. got reference number end of Jan 2012. I had a stamp 2 when i submitted by application and end of november i got a stamp 4 based on my parents citizenship. Could anyone advised wether my application will be successful and as to when should expect to get my approval?
The reason nobody has given you a response may be because nobody is sure of the answer and it will not be good to give you a wrong advise, my advise to you is to have the hope that it will be approved, on my side, I have hope that it will be approved due to your parents naturalisation, the worst will be for you to wait until yr stamp 4 is matured which I dont believe will be the situation, so just have hope and tbe positive that it will be approved in no long a time. Good luck.

Irisheddy

Post by Irisheddy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I think you stand an excellent chance. You are a self employed Dentist. I assume you are creating employment as well. It s only people who draw social welfare benefits or those who have come to the adverse attention of the Gardai that need worry

khan24

I'm doubtful .

Post by khan24 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:28 pm

courny wrote:hi all.
getting a ref number means your Application has passed the initial processing stage however stamp 2 is not reckonable for naturalisation purposes. i think you should write or give a call to citizenship section for clarification regarding yr case.Also you should sent a copy of your current stamp to the dept if you didn't.
**In the case of a person of Irish associations , the Minister has power to waive 2 of the 5 years' reckonable residence requirement.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:38 am

Stamp 2 is reckonable if you arrived as a minor to the state . I am on the same boat . Do not worry

courny

Post by courny » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm guessing they have accepted my stamp 2 as bein reckon able .

Never been involved with Garda. Not creating employment at the moment but will be soon enough.
Would it be too much to expect to be called in for the next ceremony :p

This wait killsssss... Dunno how my parents waited 4 years!

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:40 pm

courny wrote:Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm guessing they have accepted my stamp 2 as bein reckon able .

Never been involved with Garda. Not creating employment at the moment but will be soon enough.

Its frustrating !! I am in the same case as you i got my Reference number Jan ! There was some late 2011 applications in the last ceremony , So lets hope for some good news if not in the next one in the one after !

courny

Post by courny » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:04 pm

moro1 wrote:
courny wrote:Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm guessing they have accepted my stamp 2 as bein reckon able .

Its frustrating !! I am in the same case as you i got my Reference number Jan ! There was some late 2011 applications in the last ceremony , So lets hope for some good news if not in the next one in the one after !

Yeah it is alright. I know of two people who applied in September 2011 on 5 years work permit status and they have been invited for the ceremony this August!!!

courny

Post by courny » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:02 pm

moro1 wrote:

So I called them today and they said its at the later stage of processing and is gone for Garda clearance. Anyone have any idea how long Garda cleRNce takes? Btw I've never been involved with them. Never even spoken to the Garda in the 10 years in Ireland.

So stamp 2 is reckon able for residence since I came here on join parent visa. :)