ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramyanar

funds

Post by ramyanar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi

i have seen this board and found the following info

Joint application (migrant + dependant) from within UK when main migrant has been in the UK for <12 months) = 900 for self + 1800 for each dependant.
Dependant application from outside UK (main migrant yet to arrive in UK or has been in the UK for <12 months) = 1800 for each dependent.
Dependant application from inside UK (main migrant has been in the UK for >12 months) = 600 of each dependent.

but i havent found

Dependant application from Outside UK (main migrant has been in the UK for >12 months) =??

Somebody plz reply

I maintained 600 is this enough

ramyanar

Post by ramyanar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:57 pm

plz reply

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Les's just clarify something. There are no joint applications in this category. There are applications that are made at the same time or separately. Each individual application requires its own individual maintenance so if you apply showing your maintenance, your dependants don't have to show that again when they make their applications; they merely have to show maintenance for themselves. This is a common misunderstanding.

To answer your question:

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:58 am

Hi I am in the same sitiuation. can some one show some light..Dependant application from Outside UK (main migrant has been in the UK for >12 months) =??

I maintained 600 in my wife account in India.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Rajeev123 wrote:Hi I am in the same sitiuation.
Same situation, same answer. Therefore I'm surprised you feel the need to ask (again).

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Thank you sir- A lot of people have said different things. I am going ahead with my wifes application from indian on 2nd august and fingers crossed now.

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Guys-
So we are going ahead with the application with following documents- kindly let me know if I am missing anything.

My Documents
1. Passport Copy
2. UK Visa Copies
3. Work Payslips
4. Letter from the employer confirming the employment
5. Tier 2 BRP card copy

Wife’s documents
1. Passport
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Marriage Photos
4. Bank Statements showing the funds equivalatent to £600.00 (Rs 53,000) since 01/05/2012 till the date of the application.

Kindly give your advise.

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 am

We got it today- approved
NOTE ALL- PLEASE LETS END THIS CONFUSION ON THE FORUM. WE ONLY MAINTAINED EQUIVALENT OF £600.00 IN MY WIFE ACCOUNT IN INDIA AS I HAVE BEEN IN UK FOR MORE THAN 12 MONTHS. I HAD NOT MAINTAINED ANY FUNDS AND THE VISA WAS APPROVED. I A WILL POST THIS ON SEVERAL OTHER POST SO THAT MAX PEOPLE CAN AVOID THIS CONFUSION.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 am

Rajeev123 wrote:PLEASE LETS END THIS CONFUSION ON THE FORUM.
Surely you mean, let's end your confusion!

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:27 am

Lucapooka- ha ha, you can say that- but this forum is filled with this question and not a single solid example--- so I hope it ends everyone's confusion- You all have been great- thanks

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Rajeev123 wrote:We got it today- approved
NOTE ALL- PLEASE LETS END THIS CONFUSION ON THE FORUM. WE ONLY MAINTAINED EQUIVALENT OF £600.00 IN MY WIFE ACCOUNT IN INDIA AS I HAVE BEEN IN UK FOR MORE THAN 12 MONTHS. I HAD NOT MAINTAINED ANY FUNDS AND THE VISA WAS APPROVED. I A WILL POST THIS ON SEVERAL OTHER POST SO THAT MAX PEOPLE CAN AVOID THIS CONFUSION.
Rajeev, I have sent a PM and look forward your reply accordingly.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Rajeev123 wrote:Lucapooka- ha ha, you can say that- but this forum is filled with this question and not a single solid example--- so I hope it ends everyone's confusion- You all have been great- thanks
There are lots of historical questions about this on the forum but they have all been answered (and those that weren't answered is perhaps due to it being asked and answered far too often and ignored on that basis of it becoming tedious). The only recent question has been from you, so it seems that you alone were in doubt. You post seems to indicate that you, alone, have found the holy grail that everyone else has been searching for, when in reality you could have easily gleaned the answer to this question by reading the immigration rules or searching the forum.

layman

Post by layman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm

I will still stick my neck out on this one and say that this is just another instance of several other successful applicants who have maintained funds only for dependants. And in your case, it was maintained in your wife's account , so less confusion than if it had been maintained in your(main applicant) account.

You seem to imply that this is a proof that this is how the maintenance fund clauses should be, and are being, interpreted. But then(for example) just because someone gets a visa from the date of expiry of current visa doesn't mean that everyone gets it; there are many cases when extension is issued from the decision date even when within 28 days of expiry of current visa.

So if anyone wants to use this case(dependant maintenance fund) as a precedence, they can do that at their own risk, just like any other advice/information taken from this or any other forum. I can only wish luck for anyone who says that their interpretation is the only yardstick that everyone should follow.

Well, to each one his own.