ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residence Card documents Required

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ragessj
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residence Card documents Required

Post by ragessj » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi,

Forum i have been going through the posts and i have gained considerable knowledge about how to go about the applicaton for the residence card my only concern remains the amount of evidence that should be provided with the application.

I have been touch with the OISC registered immigrant advisers and all of them mentioned only provide documents which are mentioned in the form any other evidence will lead to confusion and possibly more queries from the HO. Correct me if i am wrong in my checklist

A) Marriage certificate
B) Contract (s) of employment...(My wife has two jobs and working as casual in both the establishment and her monthly salary comes upto 1k, so should i be stating both the employers or just the first job were she is working!)

C) Wage slips - upto 1 year.

D) Bank statements upto 1.5 years (to satisfy that we are living together as my bank statements are also of same address.)

E) Both Passports.

F) Worker registration scheme certificate.

This are the documents i think are asked , I Would like to know from you guys Is this evidence enough or should i be including more evidence secondry ones like witness statements, photos etc.

Your valuable time and information for helping would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

It's so simple one wonders why it takes so long for RC

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 pm

EEA2 is very simple.

1. Non-national passport
2. Residence certificate of EU national
3. Evidence of family relationship, eg marriage certificate

If 2 has not been applied for, then include evidence for 2 and in the case of a worker it is thus

i) EU passport
ii) Letter of engagement from employer or other proof of employment

Anything more is too much.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:13 pm

The HO is not interested in what your wife did 1 year ago or where you lived 18 months ago. They confirm your current rights. Recent documents are enough.

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Thank you EusmileWeallsmile.

Thank you Jambo.

Is their any minimum annual income which should be met in order to get a residence card... like a Minimum yealry salary of the EEA national or their is nothing as such.

Is the burden of proof on us or on Ho!!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:40 pm

ragessj wrote: Is their any minimum annual income which should be met in order to get a residence card... like a Minimum yealry salary of the EEA national or their is nothing as such.

Is the burden of proof on us or on Ho!!
No minimum salary, as long as the work is "genuine and effective" then the worker is a worker. The burden of proof of working is on you. If the HO dispute that the EU national is a worker, the burden of proof is on them.

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Thank you EusmileWeallsmile :)

will keep everyone updated on the process from the beginning thanks for now.

Wodie
Newly Registered

Post by Wodie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:17 pm

don't forget two passport photos, that need to be signed on the back of the photos

I got 2 questions for you guys, I want to apply with my wife for the residence card at the same time , can I send both applications in one envelope or separately ??

What happens if my wife get a refusal will they deport her back ??

thanx

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Wodie wrote:don't forget two passport photos, that need to be signed on the back of the photos

I got 2 questions for you guys, I want to apply with my wife for the residence card at the same time , can I send both applications in one envelope or separately ??

What happens if my wife get a refusal will they deport her back ??

thanx
You don't need to sign on the back of the photos. Just write the person name.

You can apply for Residence Certificate at the same time. Just fill form EEA1 and put in the same envelope. The evidence required for EEA1 for you is already what you provide to support your wife EEA2 application.

If you work and you are married, you wife will get Residence Card although it might take upto 6 months. Remember - you don't apply for a permission from the HO to stay in the UK. These rights are obtained automatically by you exercising treaty rights. What you do ask for is confirmation of your rights.

Wodie
Newly Registered

Post by Wodie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 pm

my bad what i meant was write the name on the back of the photos.

Yeah I work throught the agency and im married but lately what i read on forums people get a refusal and that worries me so what you are saying is that she can't be refused on her RC

thanx in advance

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:39 pm

I have one more question, is it necessary for my wife to have changed name in the passport or the passport which shows her current name is alright!.

If i send her ID, should the status show married or if its alright if it shows single! , this is to avoid confusion for the HO.

we are thinking about changing the name in her passport as she is married now , or is it irrelevant for the application.

thanx in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:52 pm

ragessj wrote:I have one more question, is it necessary for my wife to have changed name in the passport or the passport which shows her current name is alright!.

If i send her ID, should the status show married or if its alright if it shows single! , this is to avoid confusion for the HO.

we are thinking about changing the name in her passport as she is married now , or is it irrelevant for the application.

thanx in advance
Assuming the passport which shows single was issued before you got married, then this is not a problem.

In the form, use the name as shown on the passport and tick "married" if you are married.

It is quite common that people don't change their passport just after they get married.

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Thank you once again Jambo , you are a champ.

Will keep everyone updated about the application process.

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:24 pm

hi,i would like to know if its ok to send an ID card of EEA national instead of passport.thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Yes.
The EEA national can send the national ID card instead of a passport. The non-EEA national needs to send a passport.

Wodie
Newly Registered

Post by Wodie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 am

Can I send my swedish driver license instead for my passport when my wife applys for the RC ??

What happens if you get refused on your RC , what will happen then?? will they deport you or you can still stay in the country as much as you like ??

will you be able to reapply ??

When is the best time to apply for the RC as soon as non EEA arrives to the UK or after a few months (3-5) ??

does someone know the answers

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 am

Wodie wrote:Can I send my swedish driver license instead for my passport when my wife applys for the RC ?? No

What happens if you get refused on your RC , what will happen then?? will they deport you or you can still stay in the country as much as you like ?? One step at a time please, provide the required evidence and it won't be refused.

will you be able to reapply ?? Yes

When is the best time to apply for the RC as soon as non EEA arrives to the UK or after a few months (3-5) ?? Once you have the evidence required for one.

does someone know the answers

Wodie
Newly Registered

Post by Wodie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 am

thanx EUsmileWEallsmile for you answers

I would like to know what happens if you get a refusal ??

How much time do you got to reapply in the worst case the family permit may expire untill you find out if you got it or not

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 am

Wodie wrote:thanx EUsmileWEallsmile for you answers

I would like to know what happens if you get a refusal ??

How much time do you got to reapply in the worst case the family permit may expire untill you find out if you got it or not
It would depend on the nature of the refusal. If it happened you could appeal or reapply. If you satisfy the requirements, then I don't see why you would be refused.

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Some more questions.....

do i need to include bank statements of me and my wife or any other documents like tenancy agreement, utility bills to fullfill the proof of residence in the section 12 documents required page of the version 07/2012 of eea2 application.

my wife changed her name with her employer after marriage and now she has my surname so the employer has filled out accordingly the employement section of EEA national, is this alright or should she give her original name as shown in the passport or id card , in which the names has not been changed yet after marriage because it takes a long time to do the process.

do i need to show the proof of residence. if so is it ok if i only provide the bank statements as it shows my current address or it should be accompanied by utility bills and tenancy agreement.

Thanks again for every help i get from this wonderful forum .

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm

guys i need help for the above questions please could you clear this for me ..... your time and valuable comments much appreciated thanks again

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Jambo , EusmileWeallsmile ........... could you please help me guys to clear the above questions please. Thank you

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: It's so simple one wonders why it takes so long for RC

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:EEA2 is very simple.

1. Non-national passport
2. Residence certificate of EU national
3. Evidence of family relationship, eg marriage certificate

If 2 has not been applied for, then include evidence for 2 and in the case of a worker it is thus

i) EU passport
ii) Letter of engagement from employer or other proof of employment

Anything more is too much.
Please re-read this.

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks for the reply EuSmileWeAllSmile.......

is the residence certificate same as a Home office Accession state Worker registration scheme , or both of them are different documents!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

ragessj wrote:Thanks for the reply EuSmileWeAllSmile.......

is the residence certificate same as a Home office Accession state Worker registration scheme , or both of them are different documents!
No they are different. The residence certificate is issued under the terms of the directive 2004/38/EC. The other documents you mention pertain to transitional arrangements for A2 nationals.

ragessj
Newly Registered

Post by ragessj » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks EuSmileWeAllSmile for the reply.

so she doesn't have a residence card. Could i show the employement letter confirming that she is employed over there and also her wage slips ... how many wage slips should i submit with the application.

There is a part in section 12 of documents where a column needs to be ticked for utility bills/ tenancy. will council tax bill be sufficient for this or iam not required to submit this at all.

Thanks again.....