ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NT_2012
Newly Registered

ILR Help please

Post by NT_2012 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 am

Hi there,

Please advice me on the below.

I am applying for ILR in January 2013. I have been away from the UK for over 230 days (232 days) and all were for personal reasons/Courses/Conferences, however it was all paid leave. I do realize that one shouldn't be away more than 180 days in 5years. Is it possible for me to apply as it was all paid leave?

Thanks in Advance.

NT

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:00 am

Hi

I dont think so that there's any thing to worry about for your self regarding your ILR application as long as you can prove your absence in the documented form means letters from your employers for the reasons of your absences.

Hope fully you should be ok just try to manage as much documented proofs as you can for your absences. Try to search this forum as well this is just full of cases who have got more than the allowed absences and they've successfully managed to get their ILR.

Good luck for your ILR

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:28 am

And one more thing, if I may add to smam's brilliant reply. Do not waste money on same day PEO application. They only deal with very straightforward applications. Most caseworkers won't give a decision same day even if there is slightest of complexity to application.

Postal application is the way for you.

NT_2012
Newly Registered

Post by NT_2012 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 am

[quote="Smam"]Hi

I dont think so that there's any thing to worry about for your self regarding your ILR application as long as you can prove your absence in the documented form means letters from your employers for the reasons of your absences.

Hope fully you should be ok just try to manage as much documented proofs as you can for your absences. Try to search this forum as well this is just full of cases who have got more than the allowed absences and they've successfully managed to get their ILR.

Good luck for your ILR[/quote]

NT_2012
Newly Registered

Post by NT_2012 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks Guys.

NT