ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is that enough

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alik8
Newly Registered

Is that enough

Post by Alik8 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi guys , need some quick advice im going to apply for Uk spouse Visa , my wife is an EEA Citizen ( Norway ) and im non EEA, so i would like to know what kind of documents i need , This is what i got so far

Payslips for 3 months
Job Contract / Employer Latter
Bank statement for last 3 months
Council tax
Property Inspection Report
her Passport ( attested ) Copies
Contract from Landlord
marriage certificate (attested)
Marriage Photos
Skype logs and Phone History

Is that enough ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:27 pm

UK spouse visa is for British / settled person in the UK and is an expensive visa. I presume you are referring to application under the EEA regulations.

Are you applying from abroad? Or from within the UK? Is your wife in the UK already?

Which nationality are you? Do you require a visa to travel to the UK as a visitor?

On the face of it, you have too many documents but that depends on your answers to the questions above.

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Jambo wrote:UK spouse visa is for British / settled person in the UK and is an expensive visa. I presume you are referring to application under the EEA regulations.

Are you applying from abroad? Or from within the UK? Is your wife in the UK already?

Which nationality are you? Do you require a visa to travel to the UK as a visitor?

On the face of it, you have too many documents but that depends on your answers to the questions above.

Yes i am Applying under EEA Regulations , and im Applying from Abroad ( Saudia ) and my wife is in Uk , and Im Pakistani Citizen .

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 pm

For EEA Family Permit the following documents should be enough:

1. Your passport and a copy of your wife passport.
2. Evidence of your wife exercising treaty rights - payslips OR job contract OR letter from employer. There is not need to provide redundant evidence.
3. Marriage certificate.

There is definitely no need for:
- Council tax
- Bank statement
- Property Inspection Report
- Contract from Landlord

Depends on your circumstances you might want to submit evidence to show your relationship is genuine although normally the marriage certificate should be enough.

Luckily you are applying for KSA where they normally process the application under 15 days. In Pakistan it can take 60 days....

Ikonkar
India

Re: Is that enough

Post by Ikonkar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:08 am

Alik8 wrote:Hi guys , need some quick advice im going to apply for Uk spouse Visa , my wife is an EEA Citizen ( Norway ) and im non EEA, so i would like to know what kind of documents i need , This is what i got so far

Payslips for 3 months
Council tax
Contract from Landlord
Marriage Photos

Is that enough ?
where did you get married? how many years you've been married and where did you get married! .... when it comes to south east asian countries ukba will try best to refuse your entry in any way they can..specially if you're from pakistan and afghanistan... sorry if my posts hurt your feelings but it's TRUE.

Good luck and GOD BLESS
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 am

Ikonkar wrote:
Alik8 wrote:Hi guys , need some quick advice im going to apply for Uk spouse Visa , my wife is an EEA Citizen ( Norway ) and im non EEA, so i would like to know what kind of documents i need , This is what i got so far

Payslips for 3 months
Council tax
Contract from Landlord
Marriage Photos

Is that enough ?
where did you get married? how many years you've been married and where did you get married! .... when it comes to south east asian countries ukba will try best to refuse your entry in any way they can..specially if you're from pakistan and afghanistan... sorry if my posts hurt your feelings but it's TRUE.

Good luck and GOD BLESS
In Pakistan , 8 Months Ago

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:03 am

Jambo wrote:For EEA Family Permit the following documents should be enough:

2. Evidence of your wife exercising treaty rights - payslips OR job contract OR letter from employer. There is not need to provide redundant evidence.
3. Marriage certificate.
Jambo thnx for the answer , Kindly tell me what should i apply EEA Family Permit or Spouse Visa ?

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 am

Alik8 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:

Payslips for 3 months
Council tax
Contract from Landlord
Marriage Photos

Is that enough ?

Good luck and GOD BLESS
In Pakistan , 8 Months Ago
Alik my friend hold your horses, last question how much proof you've got before you got married?
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:43 am

Alik8 wrote:

3. Marriage certificate.
Jambo thnx for the answer , Kindly tell me what should i apply EEA Family Permit or Spouse Visa ?
First, to be able to apply for UK spouse visa, your wife needs to have been living in the UK for 5 years. Is this the case?

Second, UK spouse visa has a fee. EEA Family Permit is free. UK spouse visa has more requirements than EEA Family Permit (accommodation, proof of English at certain level).

Which one would you choose?

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:50 am

Jambo wrote: First, to be able to apply for UK spouse visa, your wife needs to have been living in the UK for 5 years. Is this the case?

Second, UK spouse visa has a fee. EEA Family Permit is free. UK spouse visa has more requirements than EEA Family Permit (accommodation, proof of English at certain level).

Which one would you choose?
Hmm I'll Choose EEA Family Permit , Cuz She's freshy in Uk

Nz made
Newly Registered

Post by Nz made » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am

3. Marriage certificate.

There is definitely no need for:
- Council tax
- Bank statement
- Property Inspection Report
- Contract from Landlord

Depends on your circumstances you might want to submit evidence to show your relationship is genuine although normally the marriage certificate should be enough.

Luckily you are applying for KSA where they normally process the application under 15 days. In Pakistan it can take 60 days....
Do you not need to show council tax and contract from landlord to prove the eea citizen lives here as part of showing that they are exercising treaty rights.......... I was told to and think the application form recommends it

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:20 am

Nz made wrote: Do you not need to show council tax and contract from landlord to prove the eea citizen lives here as part of showing that they are exercising treaty rights.......... I was told to and think the application form recommends it
No. This is not required for EEA Family Permit.

Who told you that?

The application form has a long list of supporting documents that are not required. The HO just re-used a form from other visa categories and did not bother to adjust it. Note that the form has this vague statement - "The list below is for guidance only. It is not a list of documents that you should or must supply.".

The list includes

- "The appropriate fee" - The application is free !
- "If you are not a national of the country in which you are applying, evidence of your permission to be in that country e.g. a residence permit, visa, green card" - This is unlawful. You are not required to be legal in the country you apply from.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:24 am

Your passport.
A photocopy of her passport.
The marriage certificate.
A pay slip or a letter from her employer saying that she works for them.
A letter from her saying she is an EU citizen and you are coming to join her.

Send more than that at your own risk!
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 pm

You should submit the documents told by directive

I am pakistani applied for eea family permit from saudi arabia and my wife is french national. They processed application in 3 working days to stamp visa from date of receipt of application and you will recieve your passport in 5 working days hopefully

Depend on individual basis mine stamped in 3 days

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Your passport.
A photocopy of her passport.
The marriage certificate.
A pay slip or a letter from her employer saying that she works for them.
A letter from her saying she is an EU citizen and you are coming to join her.

Send more than that at your own risk!

Directive thanks for Replying , got one more Question about copy of a Passport as u know she's Norwegian so certified copy is required but where she can attest her passport copies ?

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:57 am

dradilmahmood wrote:You should submit the documents told by directive

I am pakistani applied for eea family permit from saudi arabia and my wife is french national. They processed application in 3 working days to stamp visa from date of receipt of application and you will recieve your passport in 5 working days hopefully

Depend on individual basis mine stamped in 3 days
thats a gud news for me :D Where u applied Riyadh or Jeddah ?

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 am

from khobar and certified copy will be from embassy of norway

best of luck

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:25 am

dradilmahmood wrote:from khobar and certified copy will be from embassy of norway

best of luck

She was told by someone that Solicitors can attest Passport copy ?

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 am

i am not sure about it...may be guru can guide you about it

but i did not heared any thing about attestation by solicitors

you are in which city?

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:34 am

dradilmahmood wrote:i am not sure about it...may be guru can guide you about it

but i did not heared any thing about attestation by solicitors

you are in which city?
Hmm ok i'll wait for other to reply on this , Right now im in Jeddah

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 am

so it will take 5working days for your fp to be stamped

be sure not to attach any documents that are not required only basic documents....and strong cover letter

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:33 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Send more than that at your own risk!

Would like to ask something about cover letter , is it fine to write a cover letter on a simple A4 paper ? or by Hand

and after completing online Eea family permit form do i need to use black and white printer or Colour ?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:47 am

Alik8 wrote:
Would like to ask something about cover letter , is it fine to write a cover letter on a simple A4 paper ? or by Hand

and after completing online Eea family permit form do i need to use black and white printer or Colour ?
Print it black and white. No need for colour.

I would send a cover letter. I would have Eu citizen write it:
My name is YYY. I am a citizen of ZZZZ, which an EEA member state. My spouse will be travelling with me to the UK. I understand his application will be given "every facility", and will be processed on a priority basis. Thank you. Sincerely, MMMMM

Alik8
Newly Registered

Post by Alik8 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:51 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Alik8 wrote:

Print it black and white. No need for colour.

I would send a cover letter. I would have Eu citizen write it:
My name is YYY. I am a citizen of ZZZZ, which an EEA member state. My spouse will be travelling with me to the UK. I understand his application will be given "every facility", and will be processed on a priority basis. Thank you. Sincerely, MMMMM
I've Submit like u said , just need to know one more thing , I have completed the online Application and printed out but on top of the page contains webpage address , is it ok ?

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:07 am

Yes no problem at all