ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent visa - Is my wife eligible to work in UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zircon

dependent visa - Is my wife eligible to work in UK?

Post by zircon » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi there,

I am working in Birmingham since last 4 years in British company. Recently I got married and my wife has joined me last month. She was on dependent visa and she is a professional. Is she eligible to work in UK or do she needs to get the work permit or HSMP? If she is eligible to work, can you please refer any link? Please advice me in this regard.

Many Thanks.

Prince1

Post by Prince1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:11 am

Yes, she is free to work in the UK as long as she is your dependent and you are legally working in the UK.

zircon

Post by zircon » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks prince for the quick reply. My wife has been applying for jobs and the consultants are reluctant and they are not sure weather she is legal to work in UK being on a dependent visa. Can you please suggest or refer me a link or notes which support her eligibility.

many thanks.

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 am

You can refer consultants to this link and point 17 gives you what you need

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... _faqs.html

The confusion comes because the visa in the partner does not say your partner can work, it says that there are no restrictions on her stay.

zircon

Post by zircon » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:33 am

Great and thank you very much in deed. It would help me to go further.

Cheers!