ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extesnion NIC and PAYE query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vvr
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extesnion NIC and PAYE query

Post by vvr » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi

I am due to my tier 1 extension in Sep.12 and i am ltd. company director with 50% shareholder.

I am drawing salary of £ 1000 pm and paying PAYE tax as around £ 75 pm. and my accountant told that i have an exemption from NI till i reach the barrier of some amount. but now after reading few posts i am bit worry and asked my account the same and said as per HMRC everything is ok.

but what i am thinking is atleast for coming two months i want to pay NIC so that i can show that i have paid some amount of NIC. could yoy please suggest me do i really need to pay NIC or i can go ahead with PAYE only.

Waiting for the replies and thanks a lot in advance

vvr
Newly Registered

Post by vvr » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:48 pm

could anyone answer my queries please......

jeno
Newly Registered

Post by jeno » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:49 am

V

Since you draw salary from the company, you're supposed to pay class 1 NI. If he runs your pay through a payroll software and says not necessary, then, it's fine. By the way when you're applying?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:33 am

i agree with what jeno said

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 pm

vvr, as a Director, for NI purposes you have an annual pay period, and accordingly no NI charged towards the beginning of the tax year, with a catch-up later in the tax year.

Totally normal, and nothing to worry about. You are currently technically paying NI, but the rate is 0%!
John

vvr
Newly Registered

Post by vvr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi,

Thanks indeed for all your answers. i am bit relaxed now, infact i discuused with my accountant and said want to pay NIC, as the homeoffice may ask whats my contribution for NIC, which is zero at the moment. but he said no worry if you want to pay we need to request HMRC and then i can pay NIC.

so what i am thinking is i leave it as it is and once the threshold reahced it will start automaticaly the NIC.

Plese sugggest me if i am wrong.

Jeno i am planning to apply in Sep.12

Thanks
VVR