ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted through 10yr Long Stay - What about my wife?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

odufal
Newly Registered

ILR granted through 10yr Long Stay - What about my wife?

Post by odufal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:23 am

Hello,
Your advice will be much appreciated.

I have been granted ILR through the 10yr Long stay route few days ago.

1) I was previously on the old 5yr work permit and my wife was a dependant on this since April 2009.This Visa will expires in sept 2012

2)Work permit visa expires in September 12 2012

3)I was told my wife could apply for ILR directly without FLR visa, how true is this? What is the immigration rule no.

4) if (3) above is true which is the correct form to fill- set(o) or Set (m)?

We are hoping to apply in person at a PEO in two weeks time.

kumarcuk
Newly Registered

ILR processing time under 10yeras rule.

Post by kumarcuk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 am

Hi,

How long did it take for you to get the ILR under 10Years rule. Some one told me that it can take up to 6months.

Could you please let me know when did you apply and when did you receive the ILR.

Thak u.

Kumar.

Ged

Post by Ged » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 am

Good job and congrats with your ILR. I think you should read this for your wife;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105162

kumarcuk, you can have a look at this excel spreadsheet;

[https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... &app=Excel]

odufal
Newly Registered

Post by odufal » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 am

Sorry it has taken this long to post on fhis forum. I have been busy.

@Kumar - it took almost 4 months. I was told by one of the ukba staff on the phone that the Olympics and the staff cut affected the duration. Considering the fact that my new employer got their MP involved.

@ Ged - my wife applied using set 0. She was granted the ILR at the PEO end of july. The staff who attended to my wife initially told my wife she will require FLR but my wife insisted she didn't need flr. After few millennium notes and the staff eventually went to speak to her superior and came back with the good news that my wife was right afterall. It just goes to show that not all those who work for ukba knows the rules.

cy2012
Newly Registered

Post by cy2012 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:55 pm

odufal wrote:The staff who attended to my wife initially told my wife she will require FLR but my wife insisted she didn't need flr.
Did your wife cite a specific article of the immigration rule to justify herself?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:21 pm

A WP dependant migrant can apply for settlement separately (after the WP migrant has been granted settlement) under immigration rule 196D.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!