ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire 1 extension main and dependent applying saperately

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tire1Questions

Tire 1 extension main and dependent applying saperately

Post by Tire1Questions » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi all,
I have booked appointment (for main applicant only) at PEO Solihull on 30th August. My visa runs out on 10th September 2012.
I have two dependents but have not booked their appointment as I am planning to apply theirs though post as its cheaper to do so.

Now my question is: in case the case worker does not decide my application on the same day and (in worst case) sends it to HO for further examination (for whatever reason), and I do not get my passport back before September 10, 2012, Can I still apply for my dependends by post without my visa being issued and provide a copy of my visa when it is approved?

Has anybody in the same boat before?

Am I taking a big risk by doing so? Please advise.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:43 am

I would say wait till you get your visa..If all your documents are in order and correct there is nothing stopping you from getting your visa

salloo

Post by salloo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 pm

If your decision is late, you can still apply for your dependents separately but do specify in the forms of dependents that main applicant is waiting for decision. A cover letter with dependents application will be good too with all the main applicant's information like name, dob, visa reference number etc.,

layman

Post by layman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:35 pm

I had applied a week before my visa was due to expire and had successfully done what you are planning to do.

See this for my rationale and why it is not so much of a risk, especially if you have a straightforward application.