ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

communication requirement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sk1989
Newly Registered

communication requirement?

Post by sk1989 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:55 pm

How do I prove communication with my partner if my only means of communication was through whatsapp? I call her maybe once a week or every 2 weeks, but like I said I chat to her daily on whatsapp messaging service which is like msn and not normal text messaging..

Also I will be having lots of wedding pictures and a dvd video can I use that as evidence instead? it will also include her and mines family members.

what else can I use?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm assuming you have a smartphone?
Download an app which allows you to take screen shots and print on a decent printer. So maybe have a number of those. Plus if you look in option while in a conversation you will see the selection for emailing the chat history. I haven't done this myself as my husband and I use Raspberry Messenger, so not sure how far back the history will go, but maybe save it frequently until you are ready to submit.
Last edited by SoHopeful on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 am

Me and my husband use what's app to stay in touch all day when we can't speak on the phone.

I included transcripts from what's app in my application. You can e mail them to yourself. Copied the info into Microsoft Word and then printed them.

I also printed screen shots from e mails we have sent to each other.

sk1989
Newly Registered

Post by sk1989 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:01 am

caylalove wrote:Me and my husband use what's app to stay in touch all day when we can't speak on the phone.

I included transcripts from what's app in my application. You can e mail them to yourself. Copied the info into Microsoft Word and then printed them.

I also printed screen shots from e mails we have sent to each other.
Most of the time we speak in another language, will that cause issues? And we do not use emailing.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Not quite sure why Black berry came out as Raspberry :roll:

Maybe someone else can help with the language query... You may have to translate the chats, but not sure if that has to be done officially or not.