ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about income

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nebuzer
Newly Registered

Question about income

Post by nebuzer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and would like to ask a few questions that are unclear to me. Im an EU-citizen (non British) and I wonder what the requirements are to get an eea1 / eea2 permit income wise for my non-EU spouse.

I have read alot on this forum but no where is stated what the minimum income should be for an Eu-citizen working in Britain.

Is there any minimum like 1000 pounds per month?

Also I would like to inquire if working via a job agency that sends you out for temporary jobs is a okay or not?

My credentials do not stretch much further than highschool so my job opportunities and having a long work contract aren't very high.

So would it matter that I work via a job agency or perhaps it is not important as long you have income.

Let's say I work via a job agency and one month I earn 1100 pounds, the other month I don't have so much work and only earn 800. Is this sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

:D
Last edited by nebuzer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm

There is no minimum amount. As long as you don't need to rely on benefits to live, then you are fine.

working via job agency is fine.

nebuzer
Newly Registered

Post by nebuzer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm

But that means that it is not important to have a (long lasting) work contract? I mean when I would apply for a visa for my wife over here (mainland europe) I would need a year contract or a 2 year contract.

I would have expected that they would say at least a 3 month contract, 6 month contract, but this isn't the case in Britain "under EU-law" if I understood correctly?

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 pm

a minimum of 15 hours work per week should be ok
it may be temporary work

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:28 pm

nebuzer wrote:But that means that it is not important to have a (long lasting) work contract? I mean when I would apply for a visa for my wife over here (mainland europe) I would need a year contract or a 2 year contract.

I would have expected that they would say at least a 3 month contract, 6 month contract, but this isn't the case in Britain "under EU-law" if I understood correctly?
I don't know where is "over here (mainland Europe)" but this is not a British thing. This is the EU law. The only difference would be if "over here" would be the country you are national of as they can impose the domestic rules on you.

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 pm

i guess the OP means that when trying to settle in the EU country of origin, other requirements (mostle more strict) are in place, if EU law does not apply. (and mostly not only income requirements, but also language requirements for eu citizen's partner)

nebuzer
Newly Registered

Post by nebuzer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Yes I know its under EU law. From what I know in Belgium under EU law the minimum wage for an EU national is comparable with the social minimum wage for it's own Belgium people. It's about 1270 euro a month for 2 people, the EU national and the non-european spouse.

Germany uses the same approach before giving off a 5 months / 5 year card.

And in Belgium you can't get a 5 year card if you don't have a contract of 6 months or a B status in the job agency. When you start working in a job agency over there you will have an A status for 78 weeks. Belgium immigration won't allow you to stay much longer because the A status means that you can be out of a job the next day.

So that is why I wondered how it goes in Britain. Apparently they do not have these kinds of rules applied as in Germany or Belgium.

There is indeed no minimum income defined by the EU but Belgium and German tend to reject any legal status if you don't live up to some of their own implemented rules.

Especially Belgium requires 120% of minimum wage. To be clear, this is for EU nationals. Not Belgium nationals. Belgium nationals in their own country have even worse rules to overcome.

I know the Routes of Germany and Belgium and what they require of us hence I want to inform what the income and contract requirements are for Britain under EU law.

From what I've heard so far from you guys is quite positive, the part of no requirement for a long term contract nor a minimum amount of income per month sets thing in much better perspective for me.

Besides that, Britain is a nice place to live and work.
Last edited by nebuzer on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Work is work as long as it is "genuine and effective".

Some links to info

http://www.helsinki.fi/nofo/NoFo1Sankar ... enship.pdf

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forum-archi ... xb10d.html

nebuzer
Newly Registered

Post by nebuzer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Thank you for your information.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 am

If you are a worker, there is no particular minimum amount you must earn.

See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/12 ... -a-worker/ for a review of some of the law.

skandans
Newly Registered

EEA Residence permit

Post by skandans » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi Jambo & Jotter,

Thanks for your info's. Today I called HO, to get an answer for my question, the adviser tole me, there are no working hours prescribed for the eea nationals. As long as she works, that will be fine.

Kind regards