ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Going to Expire-EEA2 Applied- Right of work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ch_82
Pakistan

Tier 1 Going to Expire-EEA2 Applied- Right of work

Post by ch_82 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 am

Hi Everyone

I have applied for EEA2 on 6th June and i did not get COA yet. I am working at the moment on Tier 1 visa.My visa is going to expire on 23rd August 2012.

Can anybody send me any reference or link from UK Home office website that i can work after 23rd August as well. As Employer wants some proof
My job is on stake so i request you guys to help me

Thanks

WellingtonKiwi

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 pm

I would start chasing UKBA for your COA as it is really this document that confirms your right to work.

See: When you have submitted your application form, will the UK Border Agency send you an acknowledgement?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/

Note, some EEA2 applicants aren't given the right to work (e.g. unmarried partners, I believe).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Tier 1 Going to Expire-EEA2 Applied- Right of work

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 pm

ch_82 wrote:Hi Everyone

I have applied for EEA2 on 6th June and i did not get COA yet. I am working at the moment on Tier 1 visa.My visa is going to expire on 23rd August 2012.

Can anybody send me any reference or link from UK Home office website that i can work after 23rd August as well. As Employer wants some proof

Thanks
1. You are married to an EU national, right?
2. That EU national is living and working (or doing something else like is a student or is self sufficient), right?

If yes to both, then you are entitled to work, with or without COA / RC.

There is no link on the UKBA website, but articles 23 and 25 of the directive are very clear.

It would be much simpler for you if you had a COA and since you applied some time back, don't be timid. COMPLAIN and EXPEDITE it.

flybe
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Going to Expire-EEA2 Applied- Right of work

Post by flybe » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
ch_82 wrote:Hi Everyone

Thanks
1. You are married to an EU national, right?
2. That EU national is living and working (or doing something else like is a student or is self sufficient), right?

If yes to both, then you are entitled to work, with or without COA / RC.

There is no link on the UKBA website, but articles 23 and 25 of the directive are very clear.

It would be much simpler for you if you had a COA and since you applied some time back, don't be timid. COMPLAIN and EXPEDITE it.

@EUsmileWEallsmile

hi which directive are you talking about? can you please add a link as i need to show it to my employer to save my Job. Bundle of thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 pm

2004/38/EC