ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Newborn Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishal_t
Newly Registered

ILR - Newborn Query

Post by vishal_t » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 am

Hi All

I am eligible to apply for ILR on the 6th of August. However, we've had a new addition to our family (our daughter) born in july 2012.

I intend to know:
1. Is it advisable to apply for her ILR later or together with the rest of family. The issue is that we might not be in possession of her passport when I intend to apply for ILR/Settlement in 1st week of August.
However, if there are issues that you guys foresee, I could delay my application till the end of August, whereby we are likely to receive her Indian passport

2. Secondly, once we've recieved ILR, would she be eligible for a British residency as she's born in UK ?

Best regards
Vish

tier1Reading

Re: ILR - Newborn Query

Post by tier1Reading » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:20 pm

vishal_t wrote:Hi All

I am eligible to apply for ILR on the 6th of August. However, we've had a new addition to our family (our daughter) born in july 2012.

I intend to know:
1. Is it advisable to apply for her ILR later or together with the rest of family. The issue is that we might not be in possession of her passport when I intend to apply for ILR/Settlement in 1st week of August.
However, if there are issues that you guys foresee, I could delay my application till the end of August, whereby we are likely to receive her Indian passport

2. Secondly, once we've recieved ILR, would she be eligible for a British residency as she's born in UK ?

Best regards
Vish
You have not mentioned in which category. Anyway it seems either tier 1 or tier 2.

Check FAQ number Q29 to Q32:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:14 pm

you can apply for british citizenship for your baby straight after getting ILR...