ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

won lottery while waiting for appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashiec
Newly Registered

won lottery while waiting for appeal

Post by ashiec » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:16 pm

i found out that i won lottery last week, i matched 6 numbers. My 5-figure prize cannot be deposited into my bank account until i have proved that i am residence; my passport is not with me as i am waiting for an appeal (my application was in-time, i got refused and now i am waiting for an appeal); does section 3D maintain my normal status and that i can tell Chamelot that my passport is with HO? or do i need to find lawyers?

i cant even write properly i am shaking

Dixie123

wow

Post by Dixie123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 pm

You can claim it. It wont be a problem because you are resident here abet you are still waiting your appeal decision in fact they will have no choice but to give you the papers.

Good luck and ttrust me you can start a life anywhere of you want

peppekalle

Re: won lottery while waiting for appeal

Post by peppekalle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:35 pm

ashiec wrote:i found out that i won lottery last week, i matched 6 numbers. My 5-figure prize cannot be deposited into my bank account until i have proved that i am residence; my passport is not with me as i am waiting for an appeal (my application was in-time, i got refused and now i am waiting for an appeal); does section 3D maintain my normal status and that i can tell Chamelot that my passport is with HO? or do i need to find lawyers?

I will "deposit " your money in my account while you wait for your appeal to come through.Just give me 10% cut and you are sorted!!!!

Gerryboy
Newly Registered

Post by Gerryboy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:45 pm

ashiec wrote:i found out that i won lottery last week, i matched 6 numbers. My 5-figure prize cannot be deposited into my bank account until i have proved that i am residence; my passport is not with me as i am waiting for an appeal (my application was in-time, i got refused and now i am waiting for an appeal); does section 3D maintain my normal status and that i can tell Chamelot that my passport is with HO? or do i need to find lawyers?

You legally have up to 12 months to claim your winnings. This gives you ample time to wait for your appeal decision to come through (hopefully a positive one).

Keep that ticket safe, under lock and key until you're ready to claim.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Gerryboy wrote:

You legally have up to 12 months to claim your winnings. This gives you ample time to wait for your appeal decision to come through (hopefully a positive one).

Keep that ticket safe, under lock and key until you're ready to claim.
....and write your name on the back. :wink:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:24 pm

And dont forget to share your winning with members of this forum for helping and advising you on your matter :lol: :lol:

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Waiting for appeal of permanent residency?

Can one play lottery while being on a work visa in this country?
or only after ILR is granted?